Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is definitely Twillingate.  You can just see that tower from this Google street view although it isn't very clear.  Could probably find it from some other street views.

139 Main St - Google Maps

All of the photos in the first post were taken from the landing beside that blue restaurant (R&J Restaurant - great fish and chips and some traditional Newfoundland cuisine).

Zoomed view

139 Main St - Google Maps

When the Newfoundland fishery collapsed the government gave money to the communities to build hiking trails..Smart folks take ice cream pails with them while hiking to pick the blue berries that are thick along the trail. 
Our neighbours have a place in Durrell that we have rented a couple of times - we still have blueberries in the freezer

Next place is quite a ways from the last few:

I doubt anyone will get this from this first one with it shrouded in the clouds, but let's start slow since the thread has been slowing down anyway.

Panman is correct! Your turn if you have one to post.

I really love Mt Shasta and I think it is one of the most beautiful mountains. I told my Mt Shasta story in my trip report but I'll tell it again here...

We stayed in the town of Mt Shasta and I wanted to get away from the city lights and experience the stars as that is supposed to be a good area. I intended to find a remote place to do that.  I found a spot of the road up the mountain a little ways on google maps. Unfortunately I missed the turn. I kept driving up the remote mountain road at just before midnight and was remembering the stories of caution about drug dealing in the area and also wondering if a bear was going to jump out and eat me. I couldn't find a decent place so I ended up driving 5 miles up the mountain before finding a spot.

I pulled off and the sky was beautiful. I turned off the bike and took off my helmet to take in the stars. I was appreciating the expanse of the milky way just as I heard my helmet rolling off the bike and down the mountain... 😮

Thankfully my bluetooth headset was flashing so I could see it only rolled 15 ft instead of what I had originally feared.

Damm it, I'll find another Mt picture! 

Name the Lake>

IMG_20181016_150101041_HDR_zpsy4j88gad.jpg

It's a beautiful mountain (and a fantastic pic) but I'm thinking I haven't been there. I'm guessing to narrow it down that it is in Washington.

How about Baker lake up the hill from Concrete or maybe the lake at artist point.

Ray your second guess is good, Picture Lake at Artist Point Near the end of the Mt Baker Hwy. It's also your turn.

Latest posts