Need some advice on Y.E.S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the input.
I recall calling D&H a while back and they did not offer to call in the change for me, but told me I had to change my address in the system before they could process the warranty request. I did call Yamaha and they stated that I needed to change the address with the dealer. She offered to change the contact information, but that wasn't the address tied to the VIN. At that point I decided that I'm just too close to the deadline and over the rigmarole so I just paid the $750 at the dealer here in Jax. The fact that it is an AE with all the options, and I only paid $10900 + tax... , it was worth the investment. Now that I have piece of mind, I can start planning my next 4K trip. :rolleyes:
Good to hear you came to a conclusion, though I find it interesting that the manual says you have to send them a postcard with the change of address while the girl says you need to see the dealer.

That being the case, you probably should have asked D&H to do the change since they didn't offer it - maybe if you'd paid them $20 for their trouble.

But that's old news.

Now, go out and ride, knowing that if it breaks (as opposed to wearing out), you are covered for the next 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was FJR shopping last November I only considered late model used FJR's that had YES. I wound up getting a new FJR AE 'acution bike' for a used price, but had I not stumbled on that deal then YES was mandatory for me.

Whatever you think about YES on a new bike, YES makes huge sense on a used bike because you really don't know how the owner treated it and why it is for sale in the first place.

Latest posts