New and the mods begin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Daddy

Reaction score
I've owned Harleys for 20yrs. i have come to be told i have about 6 bad disc's in my back and a couple of nerve problems. So the Dr. tells me i shouldnt be riding anymore. So thinking he know something more than me, i realize that after 30 mins on my Road King i cant move and the pain lasts 2 days. So my thought of life was my one enjoy ment was riding my hole life. No matter what was going on i could get away. So thinking im packing it in wasnt an option, thankfully my better half, she agreed. So i went to look at something alittle more confortable. I think i died and went to heaven. I picked up an 08 FJR. And love it. I had it for 3 days now and found a excuse to go out for an hour a day or so. so a few hundred miles later, im thinking I've been married to the wrong brand for so long. In its stock form its great, minus the throttle problem its great. I had it for a day, and thanks to reading all night on this forum, i was able to solve mose of my qwerks, slip puppies, throttlemieser, motovations sliders. This weekend i'll get the Leo Vince exhaust, and ofcourse to solve the important problems the PC III.

I have and will contiue to read all the post, but is there anything else major to do you guys can think of?

And what are the best Map to start with the PCIII?

Thanks

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Bob......i've had a few Hardley's in the past....i've never looked back !!!!!!

One of my first additions was sliders. A lot of people will tell you that they are one of the first things they added. After reading about how much plastic costs I'm glad I have them...just in case.

Another thing to consider is aftermarket horns.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the club.

One of my first additions was sliders. A lot of people will tell you that they are one of the first things they added. After reading about how much plastic costs I'm glad I have them...just in case.
Another thing to consider is aftermarket horns.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the club.
thanks sorry i missed the replys i didnt get the notification.anyway , ya chk the sig sliders are on as well as others. Leo's evo II are on Sat & PC III should be in Sat or Monday.

ya chk'n the map i saw someone post that they used a smooth map and another for Top end.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks

Bob

Welcome

I'm a new member also have the same story you have, have had 08 FJR since end of May

2700 miles great bike ride safe life is grand.