New Bike on the way

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
Well I did it. Put my hard earned down on a new '07. Been smilin' all evening. Got a great deal on one still in the crate. Suppose to be ready this weekend but up here in MN, we need a bit warmer weather to enjoy it. Guess I'll just go sit in the garage and drool once I get it until it warms up. Got a real nice '01 Vulcan 800B for sale if anyone is interested.

Do most of you get the YES plan? I am still debating this.

Danno

It depends on the price you can get the Y.E.S. for.

Check the bin-o-facts link and search for either "YES" or "Y.E.S."

The FJR is quite an expensive and complicated motorcycle, so if you have problems the Y.E.S. could pay for itself quickly.

I have the Y.E.S extended warranty. (FWIW -- it also can help re-sale value)

:yahoo: Congrats..I f the price is right get the YES.....keep in mind you just bought the...BEST MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD.....

Danno,

Congrats on the Bike! I bought a used '03 FJR with a Transferred YES plan. So far, due to UNUSUAL/NOT THE NORM for this bike situations, it has paid around $10k in repairs.

Do I believe in YES?

YES

YES

YES

YES

Just one head repair will pay for itself 10x your costs... nice program.

CONGRATULATIONS Danno! You have made a fine choice and you won't regret it. Do by all means get the YES program. I bought mine from D&H in Alabama for I think it was $389.00 for 4 years. That's well worth the money IMO. Most wanted $500 to $700. Keep us updated and put some pics up when you get her home. Take care and be safe. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the YES plan. Reason? Cause I plan on touring with this beast. ANYTHING goes wrong, into the nearest YAMMIE dealer with zero deductible. Sweet. Don't forsee anything going wrong. Other than a leaking waterpump seal on my dirtbike, all my yammies have been rock solid.

Congrats on your new purchase. You will be twitcin' till spring with this thing in the garage.

it was over $600 at all the dealerships i called when I was planning on getting my 07. It's still over $600 now, and what with new tires needed ASAP right as the warranty ends this month, I won't be able to get it.

Congrats & sure hope spring comes soon to both Mn & NY. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Get the YES from D&H @$389 for 4 years. Just make sure you get it before the regular 12 month factory warranty expires.

I got YES from D&H. I have had one warantee issue but I feel better having the next 4 years covered too.

congrats on the new BIKE.

I would never just sit on mine in the garage when the weather was just too bad to ride. Well, I"d never admit to it.

Just bought mine also with who no's how many more month's before riding starts. We get snow like every other day here in Milwaukee, worst winter on record.2 years ago we were rindig in March already.

Steve

Congrats! I just got my 07 delivered on Saturday. The hardest part is sitting there looking at it when you know it's too snowy outside to ride (I live in MI). The rest of March is going to be HELL for me. :)