• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Finished Rack Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested...where does this hit your wifes back? Picture...side shot? My wifes 5'4...but short legs so I'd like to see how it hits to see if it will work for her.

Thanks, Cary

Still interested but haven't heard from ya?

[/quote

The new backrest are just being finished at the fabricators. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics of the new backrest and a passenger next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
OHFJR -- thanks again, here's some pics of the install on an 06 AEl with a Cortech Bag:

Installed (straps added to clip the Cortech Sport Tail bag to it -- a good fit!)

RackSide.jpg

Showing the affect of adding a single 8mm washer to the aft counterbore:

RackClear.jpg

Cortech Bag clipped on:

RackBag.jpg

The new 06 Givi Racks are ready to ship. The primary purpose of this rack was to eliminate the need to purchase the Givi mounting system, which some have complained about. I have attached some pics of the rack mounted on my bike. The rack itself can double as a small luggage rack as bungee cord slots are provided. You can fit a helmet, jacket or small luggage on the rack. The last three pictures show the Givi E250 universal plate mounted on the rack. You'll see the plate and the rack are an exact match around the perimeter. The Givi plate can be moved back another 3/4" if pillion desires. The rack will also accept our optional backrest. The rack (Givi plate not included) sells for $150 plus shipping. Shipping runs between $10.00 and $13.00 for two day priority mail. Let me know if you want one.

givirack1.jpg

givirack2.jpg

givirack3.jpg

givirack4.jpg

givirack5.jpg

givirack6.jpg

givirack7.jpg

givirack8.jpg

Oooo. That is so much better than the big freakin' Givi gunrack. I'm saving up for one. Does the plate come off very easily when not in use? It looks like three bolts to attach?

Don

Oooo. That is so much better than the big freakin' Givi gunrack. I'm saving up for one. Does the plate come off very easily when not in use? It looks like three bolts to attach?
Don

The Givi plate has for bolts holding it on to the rack. It takes 3 or 4 minutes to mount or unmount the Givi plate. You do not have to take the rack off the bike.

Don

The Givi plate has for bolts holding it on to the rack. It takes 3 or 4 minutes to mount or unmount the Givi plate. You do not have to take the rack off the bike.
That is awesome, I will order one shortly... Though that's not exactly the Givi plate that I have... :/

Don

I jusy ordered mine today, :yahoo: Thanks again!!!!!!

New Rack!

I have posted a picture of the third rack we are introducing. It is a copy of the orginial rack, but smaller. The picture below shows the new rack laying on top the original rack for size comparisions. The new rack is 2-1/4" marrower and 3/4" shorter. It has all the same features of the original rack. It accepts all Givi universal plates, it allows the plates to be adjusted in two positions, it will accept our passenger backrest and it comes with the luggage rack protector to keep your luggage of the bike's painted surfaces. The rack will be powdercoated with black textured powder for a scrach resistant finish. The rack sells for $170 plus shipping. The rack should be ready to ship early next week. Let me know if you want one. Thanks!

largevssmallrack.jpg

New Rack!
I have posted a picture of the third rack we are introducing. It is a copy of the orginial rack, but smaller. The picture below shows the new rack laying on top the original rack for size comparisions. The new rack is 2-1/4" marrower and 3/4" shorter. It has all the same features of the original rack. It accepts all Givi universal plates, it allows the plates to be adjusted in two positions, it will accept our passenger backrest and it comes with the luggage rack protector to keep your luggage of the bike's painted surfaces. The rack will be powdercoated with black textured powder for a scrach resistant finish. The rack sells for $170 plus shipping. The rack should be ready to ship early next week. Let me know if you want one. Thanks!

I am ready to order one if you can cut some off of the tail before you powdercoat, perhaps to the inside of the slots. I like the smaller size, but think the proportions would look better if it was shorter as well. Also, what are the grouped holes meant to mount?

Baka

[

I am ready to order one if you can cut some off of the tail before you powdercoat, perhaps to the inside of the slots. I like the smaller size, but think the proportions would look better if it was shorter as well. Also, what are the grouped holes meant to mount?

Baka

Baka,

I'm sorry we don't do one off custom orders as it would be too costly. Unless price is not an issue then let me know as it would probably cost between $400 and $500.00. Maybe the new Givi plate would be better suited to what you want. It is pictured earlier in this post!

Thanks,

Duane

Duane, do you have the picture of the rack-backrect withyour wife on the bike yet :unsure:

cary

Duane, do you have the picture of the rack-backrect withyour wife on the bike yet :unsure:
cary

I apoligize for the delay with the backrest. The fabricator was suppose to have the backrest bar cut out and bent last week but it still isn't bent yet. Hopefully, early this week I'll get the backrest bar and be able to show some new pics.

The new smaller rack is finished and ready to ship. I have attached some pictures below. The rack is $170.00 plus shipping.

smallrack5.jpg

smallrack4.jpg

smallrack2.jpg

smallrack1.jpg

The opitional backrest for all our 06 racks are now ready to ship. This backrest will fit any of the three differnt racks we offer. The backrest mounts to the rack using two bolts and you do not have to take the rack off the bike to mount the backrest. The backrest does have a minor amount of adjustment in and out, about 1/4". The backrest pads are from the Mustang seat company and are very high quality. The pictures show the backrest mounted to our Small Sport Touring Rack. The backrest is $185.00 plus shipping. Let me know if your interested!

smallrackwithbackrest1.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest3.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest2.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest4.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest5.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest6.jpg

smallrackwithbackrest7.jpg

Duane,

Received my mini-rack yesterday, thank you for the fast service!

Looks very nice... Now if TwistedThrottle would ship locate and ship the E250 I'd be in business :)

-MD

I am extremly happy with my OHFJR rack with the Givi E250 mounted to it.

I have a complete photo gallery of it with the Givi V46 mounted on it here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/giviv46

The only thing I did differently was I mounted the E250 through the webbing and left the rubber bumper gromments in place. I think the webbing and rectangular washers provides a more solid mount, but it did require me to drill and tap some holes in the OHFJR rack, but it wasn't a big deal to do.

large.jpg

large.jpg

I am extremly happy with my OHFJR rack with the Givi E250 mounted to it.
I have a complete photo gallery of it with the Givi V46 mounted on it here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/giviv46
Thanks for the write-up and the pics, Fred. That install looks sweet. I especially liked the custom brake/tail lights.

I never thought I'd say this to a dude, but, nice rack.