• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Helibar Group Buy (Ends Feb 21st 2009)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick reminder: I will be at the Parker 425 in Arizona until Sunday night so I will update when I get back.

Cool. Sounds like we will be able to start ordering on Monday. I'm having my ignition recall done tomorrow. I thought about waiting and having them reinstall using the Heli, but I think that might just confuse them. :rolleyes:

I think we could email off Jennifer our credit card info on Friday or call her and give it to her over the phone. I sent mine to her the day we stated because I knew we would reach 10 units at least and still feel like we will reach 20 before this is all over. Call or email Jennifer on monday.

Go, Go, Go

I'm in. Will have dealership install them when they do my ignition switch install.
I called today and payed, so get busy guys and start calling so you can get your bars asap. Thanks for setting up the group buy, Mine should arrive today and I will post a picture.

Called and ordered mine this morning (Mon.). Jennifer said she would start shipping as soon as she received the 10 orders.

Just called in and payed, also ordered 2 ram mount balls. They said 6 of us have paid so far, and they will actually charge our CC and start shipping once another 4 people pay.

Okay, I made lucky number sevin for the already paid.

Thanks again for setting this up!

For those of you who are doing this at the same time as the recall, what is the dealer charging (if anything) to swap units?

Thanks,

James

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I made lucky number sevin for the already paid.Thanks again for setting this up!

For those of you who are doing this at the same time as the recall, what is the dealer charging (if anything) to swap units?

Thanks,

James
I have already taken mine off, took about 20 minutes, and wanted everybody to know that it is not necessary to remove or lift your tank. Just take your time with the drill out of the screws and put at least 2 towels to be safe over the gas tank.

Thanks,

James
Dealer isn't charging anything extra, but I'm offering $40 to the technician performing the work in order for him to be happy about doing the job. His attitude will be improved, which I believe will led to greater attention to detail.

Placed my order. The faster people phone in their orders, the faster we get them shipped.

Went to the Heli site today then saw this group buy, Great timing. I'm a bit new so please pardon the ignorance. Can someone help me understand what I can expect when I install this on my bike? Is it difficult to install yourself? Just had the ignition fix done so I'd have to take it back again just for this.

Currently I have the stock seat but am looking in the future for either a Russell, Mayer or Corbin. Not sure which is best, but that's a thread for a later time, I think...

Thanks much for your input....

Max

We are doing really well right now and we are only waiting on a few people to place their orders. They are d6diesel, fjrmarc01, ghost and ktown and I sent each of them a PM. When two more people place their order it will be enough for everyone to get their new Helibars. Nice work guys!!

Spoke with Jennifer today at 12:50 PM central time.... ordered ! Thanks Trent for setting this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.