New Pur One PL14610 Oil Filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violione

Sir Loin of Beef
Reaction score
OK, This is for you filter heads out there. I discovered the Purolator is now making a new version of the Pur One Oil filter It still carries the same PL number (PL14610) and the assumption is that it is the same filter, however; the outer casing has been sprayed (Yellow/Gold) with a highly textured paint. This makes it real easy to tighten AND take off without an oil filter socket or band wrench. Here are some pictures of the filter and it on the bike.

Enjoy

Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:

Well, I doubt anyone will have a hard time finding that filter on you bike! :D The yellow certainly stands out.

Well, I tend to be a function over form type of liberal democrat bi-atch, but...............

That thing is FUGLIER than Monica Lewinsky!

GREAT Idea with the highly textured paint…… MAJOR BAD CHOICE on the color selection…… (eye of the bolder thing I guess…..)

Well, I tend to be a function over form type of liberal democrat bi-atch, but...............
That thing is FUGLIER than Monica Lewinsky!
Check the mirror, you're not exactly a beauty queen either. And anyone that worries about the color of their oil filter must be gay. Totally gay.

Maybe you should polish your filter before your next ride Hilly. Or at least polish Bill's. ;)

Looks like the the ball is over and the pumpkin is back in the driveway a little early. Also looks like I need to see if I can score some of the blue filters before they are out of stock. After that, I'll just be explaining to the border folks what the yellow thing is instead of what the fuel cell is. :unsure:

Well,

I don't like the light blue either... I use these filters and before they ever get twisted on my bike, they get a quick spray of black high temp grill paint. It takes an extra 10 mins to do. I like the filter not sticking out on my ride.

Kinda anal I admit.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
I spray mine, in black, as well. You don't even need high temp paint; the oil doesn't really get too much over two hundred degrees (okay, maybe 250), which is safe for most/all paints.

I think I'll stock up on as many of the 'bass boat blue' ones as I can find.

I guess they'll be changing the 14612 as well.

Look at the bright side, it will be much easier for the quickie lube boys to find the filter inside the engine bay of cars. :D My '04 is silver, so the blue filters didn't exactly blend in. Still, looked better than the yellow probably will. I don't think I'll bother to paint them though.

Wow, how that was a dog pile!

* I don't think that the Blue ones are going away any time soon.

* They are also available in the PL14612 size if you like. :rolleyes:

* I like the idea that I can grab aholt of the dang thing and tighten it or take it off with out a wrench.

* The pictures don't do it justice, it is actually a nice Yellow/Gold sparkle color.

* And being such a bright ass color, makes it easy to spot oil leaks in a hurry.

* Black Krinkle paint is also avaiable at Wal-Mart.

* I hate Wal-Mart too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they so much fucking better that you'd put up with that shit yellow color on your bike?

(Unless you painted the bike to match)

KM