New Smuggler from FSD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be tempted if it could be done for alot less than Corbin's outrageous price tag. :clapping:
Does FSD have a web site? Where are they out of?

Best Regards,

Shane

FSD= Free Street Design from France

Web site is www.freestreetdesign.com

Bought the new hugger from them, very happy with it.

I ask them for:

Similar to Corbin

Possibility to use the same key that come with the bike to unlock the trunck

Maybe with a red bar light that will hook to the rear stop light to add security

Something that could be install and remove easely

Told him that we were aboout 20 people interested, they are suppose to get back to me with a price range

I like the idea of being able to remove the pillion seat and replace it with a smuggler without modifying the bike in any way.
Corbin is waaaay too expensive - if it could take the third lock that came with the machine it could be keyed like the rest of the bike too!!!
Nice to see that I am not the only one from Montreal overhere :clapping:

Are they making the Smuggler for all years of the FJR? I might consider one for my '06.

Ditto on the price and style comments.

Corbin's won't fit with the Givi rack installed. If they can find a way to work around that, I'm way interested.

EDIT: Groo's comment below is right. I just saw a comment on that in the general forum, and I've looked at the photo, and it shows the smuggler working with a Givi rack. Sorry for the misinformation.

Still looking for one below Corbin's price, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corbin's won't fit with the Givi rack installed. If they can find a way to work around that, I'm way interested.
Corbin has a GIF on their smuggler webpage that shows the smuggler opening just fine with a Givi installed... :huh:

I would be interest as the others - price and style. One think I don't like about the corbin is that the "door" is so obvious. I would like the whole top part to hinge up so that you don't see the "seams" on the top for the opening.
I hope what I said makes sense. If not I'll try to photoshop it tomorrow night.
My concern about such a design would be the same problems with "clam shell" saddle bags vs "top loaders". The clam shell may look slicker, but everything falls out when you open it. If they could hide the door while still providing "walls" for the inner "trunk area" so that the full space could be used, then I'd be okay with that.

++ (ok, I'm a geek)

Price needs to be right, easy swap between pillion seat and smuggler, colors/fits for each year, and I'm very, very interested.

Ideas:

Helmet lock!

12V outlet inside, to charge cell phone

I would be interest as the others - price and style. One think I don't like about the corbin is that the "door" is so obvious. I would like the whole top part to hinge up so that you don't see the "seams" on the top for the opening.

I hope what I said makes sense. If not I'll try to photoshop it tomorrow night.
My concern about such a design would be the same problems with "clam shell" saddle bags vs "top loaders". The clam shell may look slicker, but everything falls out when you open it. If they could hide the door while still providing "walls" for the inner "trunk area" so that the full space could be used, then I'd be okay with that.
Funny you say this. I was thinking along the same lines while I was driving home tonight. I can invision in my own mind exactly how to build it, just not sure I can 'splain it correctly. Thanks!

That Givi and Corbin smuggler is on a pre-2006 model. It's questionable if the Givi works with the 2006 smuggler. Buyers beware !!!!

That Givi and Corbin smuggler is on a pre-2006 model. It's questionable if the Givi works with the 2006 smuggler. Buyers beware !!!!
They have a version for the '06 - looks neat. Saw it at Americade.
Link here: https://www.corbin.com/yamaha/yfjr1306.shtml

Scroll the vertical strip to find the Smuggler. List price is $699 (was $650, show special less 10% at Americade).

This post is actually about the FSD smuggler. I only mentioned the New Corbin smuggler not being compatible with the Givi case so that the issue might be adressed with the FSD smuggler since it's not in actual production yet.. The #357 Givi bracket for the 2006 FJR appears to hold the Givi trunk too close for the Corbin smuggler to open properly. The previous pictured examples from Corbin shows the pre-2006 FJR with the Givi top case bracket mounted to the factory Yamaha luggage rack. At this time Givi doesn't have a stand alone bracket that can be mounted to the factory 2006 FJR luggage rack. What Givi has is a complete mounting system that has a tubular luggage rack which replaces the factory rack. I've already ordered my Corbin smuggler. I was just trying to make suggestion to help the others who might be interested in the FSD smuggler. Since FSD probably hasn't totally developed their smuggler yet It might be worth mentioning that you all would like to make sure if works with the Givi top along with any other mods or funky thing you can suggest to make the smuggle better.

I appologize if it appears I hijacked this post. There are other post around specifically on the Corbin smuggler. I too would like to be able to install the Givi trunk along with the smuggler. Since I did order the smuggler from Corbin I also inquired about its compatibility. A distributor for Corbin and Givi has inquired also and has gotten negative answers from Givi and a not sure from Corbin.

I hopes this helps everyone.

Count me in...Like most on here, would be interested, depending on price and appearance...

Guys if they have enought demands Free Street Design is ready to built a new smuggler at a very good prices.
I would like to know hao many people here would be interested ?

Any modification to improve the actual one built by Corbin ?

Having also the people on FJR Owner forum interested, they suggest to combine orders from both sites to have a better price.

FSD should give us an idea of the price next week, could you please reply to this post for me to have an idea of how many people is actually interested here:

I will also work with FSD for a backrest that could fit on the actual rack, but that 's another story, let see first if it is working with the smuggler.

1- Me

2-

Having also the people on FJR Owner forum interested, they suggest to combine orders from both sites to have a better price.

FSD should give us an idea of the price next week, could you please reply to this post for me to have an idea of how many people is actually interested here:

I will also work with FSD for a backrest that could fit on the actual rack, but that 's another story, let see first if it is working with the smuggler.

1- Me ( 2005, Galaxy Blue )

2-

1- Me

2-

1- Me ( 2005, Galaxy Blue )

2- Benneyb (Bruce Benney - 2005 Blue)