New Tire Or A Plug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something or is this a perfect opportunity to invoke Avon's warantee? I thought they had some great road hazard thing where they replace the tire if it gets flatted within the first 2mm of tread wear or something like that.
Avon does have a great Road Hazard warranty, and I used it once to get a tire replaced - the only cost to me a few measly dollars to have it mounted.

However, the full replacement warranty is only good for I think - the first 1.5mm of wear. At 4000 miles, Unicycle52's tire was well past that window.
Avon has a road hazard replacement warantee for the first 1mm of tread depth. They have to email you a fitment form for the dealer to fill out, and the tread has to be measured. they told me that usually 1000 to 1500 miles is the range of use that will fit the requirements for replacement on an FJR. at 2000 miles you are likely to be past the first 1mm of wear. VT

Had that happen on a trip..less than 1000 miles on the tire. Shop I stopped at patched it then put a tube in it. Ran for 11,000 miles without a problem.

Gary

This thread was sleeping for 3 years, And you had to post a response to it? :glare:

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.