New Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Wow......nothing like a fresh tire on the front to make the Feej fell like new again. :yahoo: Replaced the PR2 with another one since I was happy with the 7000 mi I got out of it and how well it held the rounded profile with no cupping. I probably could have squeezed another 1000 out of it, but for about the last 1000, it was harder to turn in, and had to push harder on the inside bar around curves. Now it is easy to turn in, and holds the line with no effort! Those of you test riding a used FJR should keep this in mind. Have seen it discussed here before, and a fresh set of tires will make an unbelievable difference.

Yea, I replaced my front this past weekend (a squared off PR from the PO that I wore down just past the wear bars) with a nice new PR2 (rear PR2 is only a few months old)...it does make a world of difference, lol. The bike had a pronounced fall off into the corners, but it's a buttery smooth transition now. I rather enjoyed scrubbing it in the other day.

Yea, I replaced my front this past weekend (a squared off PR from the PO that I wore down just past the wear bars) with a nice new PR2 (rear PR2 is only a few months old)...it does make a world of difference, lol. The bike had a pronounced fall off into the corners, but it's a buttery smooth transition now. I rather enjoyed scrubbing it in the other day.

What do PR and PO stand for?

Thanks

ZoomZoom ( Newbie)

PR = (Michelin) Pilot Road tire

P0 = Previous Owner

U C?

Edit: At least I agreed with the previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on new shoes for the Feejer. If I could afford it, I'd mount a new set every thousand miles!! Love that feeling of effortless , carving turns. :D

What do PR and PO stand for?

Thanks

ZoomZoom ( Newbie)
You own a Miata as well as a FJR hence the name ?

Just wondered

Scooper

Wow......nothing like a fresh tire on the front to make the Feej fell like new again. :yahoo: Replaced the PR2 with another one since I was happy with the 7000 mi I got out of it and how well it held the rounded profile with no cupping. I probably could have squeezed another 1000 out of it, but for about the last 1000, it was harder to turn in, and had to push harder on the inside bar around curves. Now it is easy to turn in, and holds the line with no effort! Those of you test riding a used FJR should keep this in mind. Have seen it discussed here before, and a fresh set of tires will make an unbelievable difference.

Just put a new bt023 (GT version) on front. It's been awesome so far, new tire(s) ... what a difference. I'll be sure to let others know how it's wearing. The bt021 rear still has some tread so the new 023 will go on that later.

But yeah, it's so nice to not have to fight the grips to keep from falling into a turn. It just tracks like it was on rails.

:)

I really like the PR2, I just put one on the front of my bike. Ditto on the new feel!

I recently switched from the manu spec tires that came with the bike to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and put a 190/50 on the rear. I think the bike's handling has improved quite a bit. Anyone else tried the 190 on the rear?

I'm ordering new tires for the FJR already. As on the C14, the 021's suck big time. But I won't use the PR2's. I used them on the C14 also and found them to inspire little confidence and have unpredictable grip. I removed mine at half tire life and went back to Pirelli. Although a lot of guys on the COG site also love the PR2's. I found enough guys have had the same problem with the rear stepping out to make me belive the quality is questionable on the PR2's. So I'm not even willing to give them a second chance. I'm quite happy with the grip that the Pirelli's give in all conditions. Even if the wear out a little quicker than the Michelin's. But I'll take grip and secure over nervous and longer wearing any day. Of course this is just my opinion.

Just put a new bt023 (GT version) on front. It's been awesome so far, new tire(s) ... what a difference. I'll be sure to let others know how it's wearing. The bt021 rear still has some tread so the new 023 will go on that later.

But yeah, it's so nice to not have to fight the grips to keep from falling into a turn. It just tracks like it was on rails.

I look forward to hearing a review on the 023's once you've torn through them.

I bought the BT 023's about 3 months ago, and just had them installed last week, but I did not specifiy the GT version. Is this indicated on the tire somewhere??

I also

I also just put Bridgestone bt023 on front and rear. So far so good. But just 200 miles on the Bee Line highway from Phoenix to Payson. Lots of sweepers - a short more technical section, and lots of tar snakes. Cooler weather (70s ans 80s) on the way up, and 90+ on the way back. I took it easy untill well scuffed in. More next week when I can push a little bit harder.

The GT version of the BT-023 does say "GT" on the sidewall. I just ordered a set and they are due in today. From what I have read, the rear GT has an extra belt. The front GT has a different tread pattern, but does anyone know what else is different in the front tire?