New (to me) Fuel Cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
Over the winter I ended up buying this fuel cell from another member. I had a previous one installed but eneded up breaking my rear sub-fram. This one is a much better design. Over 600 km range and loads of storage.

SAM_0341.jpg

Canadian FJR

Which cell are you using? Assume that's a LindaT bag/bra around it?

I'm looking at doing something with an off-the-shelf RCI cell (similar to the setup that RenoJohn has on his).

Interested in where you sourced some of the parts to make the connection, and how you've got it mounted.

Griff

The cell was the creation of Mr. Todd L. Witte (Black & Yellow FJR) but I bought it from another member. The base plate mounts dirctly to the frame using the rear carrier/grab rail bolt location. There is also one single bolt in the back. Very simple and very sturdy. I have been putting 14 litres in the cell but it will hold slightly more. PM me with your e-mail address and I can send some additional pics.

I don't think that the cover is LindaT but it is a very neat design.

This cell was well tested before I bought it. It has completed at least one IB rally and also a couple of others.

MVC_300X_sized.jpg

BumbleBee-1.jpg

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The bags are Linda's. After being MIA for 12 years, I might be coming back. Today I started sketching a new cell setup. Very similar to my last one except incorporate DZUS fasteners. Hey I'm old school for a reason. Cause I'm old. Thanks for posting those photos, they were good times. Ride safe and ride it like you stole it.