New Yamahas On Display

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bike Effects

Reaction score
The new 2006 Yamaha sprotbikes (including the FJR1300) will have a simultaneous introduction for the public on October 1st. Out west at Alice's Restaraunt and in the east in Central Park at Concour's d'Elegance. We can see the new Feejer in person!

The new 2006 Yamaha sprotbikes (including the FJR1300) will have a simultaneous introduction for the public on October 1st. Out west at Alice's Restaraunt and in the east in Central Park at Concour's d'Elegance. We can see the new Feejer in person!
I will be at Alice's...FJR's should show up in force just to be seen :)

I will be at Alice's...FJR's should show up in force just to be seen :)
As will I. Here is a link with some info on Alice's for those unfamiliar.

Alice's

COOOL!!!!

I'll definately be there and I'll be happy stage a mini run for a few hours ( or more ) to show you guys my 'hood!! B)

What ya think ? Time for the out of town guys to visit the South Bay ? :)

Now if they would only bring them to the midwest area for a look!

I'll probably head to Central Park. Who else on the East Coast will be going? Drove in the city many times, but, never rode in - should be interesting. Anyone familiar with the parking process of bikes in NYC? Same as cars?

hey Randy,,

I am up for a ride up to NY from Virginia,, it's been a while since I have been to the City,, wanting to go to Ground Zero also,,

maybe stop in DC to go to The Wall ,, missed Rolling Thunder this year ,,

new york are you meaning lower manhatten ?you really need to look and see what time you can park and cant park there are some tow away zones also night regulations and parking meters everywhere . people park bikes almost anywhere in the city (manhattan) . stop and go traffic almost all the time except for night hours . lights everywhere . but if you where never in manhattan its worth the ride lots to see . and plenty of history in around the wall street area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, dinner at the Highlander Estate? :D

Hmmmm, ride over and check out the bikes, then ride the twisty roads on the peninsula (led by Highlander, of course)...lotsa great restaurants. This is starting to work for me!

Hey BE, Can you confirm the info on the FJR being present? I found some sites on the web stating the R1 & R6 were planned but nothing on the FJR ?

MM2.. Maybe... possibilities may exist ! ( least it won't be raining again! ) Lemme see if I can find some new goat trails for ya ! :p

Hey BE, Can you confirm the info on the FJR being present? I found some sites on the web stating the R1 & R6 were planned but nothing on the FJR ?
I have actually gone back to the local dealer to confrim it. The letter said "Sporbikes" of which the FJR is considerd. That would include the FZ's as well I'll try to get him to seek some confirmation of this to be sure.

hey Randy,, I am up for a ride up to NY from Virginia,, it's been a while since I have been to the City,, wanting to go to Ground Zero also,,

maybe stop in DC to go to The Wall ,, missed Rolling Thunder this year ,,
If you were going to take 95, I would have to meet you there. But, if you would come the whole way up 81 (or even 15 from the DC area), I'm on the way - just minutes off of 81 right outside of Harrisburg. It's about 3 hours to the Lincoln Tunnel from my house. Ground Zero is in lower Manhattan and is usually pretty slow and quiet (relatively speaking) on the weekends. There's not much to see - just a big concrete pit. The bikes are going to be in Central Park. Would just have to find a somewhat decent spot to park then put on the walking shoes.

Would the Flying Feejer Funsters have to sit on the Group W bench at Alice's ?

(I can't beleive no on asked this already.)