New Zero Miles 2007 FJR: $12500 OTD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotRodZilla

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Reaction score
I rode up to Northern NM the other day to meet my brother for a ride. After we met, he spent most of the day out-running me on my own bike, while I rode his. He has the fever bad, so we stopped in a Yamaha dealership looking for an '08. Lo and behold, there is a brand new 07-A still sitting on the floor, and no '08. They were knocking $300 off the MSRP that was a "Yamaha" rebate. Then after a little talking, they told him $12500 OTD. That is down from their "sale" price of of $13479 (with the $300 rebate) before TTL that they had on the tag.

When I bought my '07 last July, TTL was $251, so I figure the bike, including the set up and bs paperwork fees is about $12249. The owner said that deal would only net him about $400 profit.

Anyone hear of any new '07's going for signicantly lower than that? I'm thinking its a good deal, but I'm not sure and I don't wanna steer my brother wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode up to Northern NM the other day to meet my brother for a ride. After we met, he spent most of the day out-running me on my own bike, while I rode his. He has the fever bad, so we stopped in a Yamaha dealership looking for an '08. Lo and behold, there is a brand new 07-A still sitting on the floor, and no '08. They were knocking $300 off the MSRP that was a "Yamaha" rebate. Then after a little talking, they told him $12500 OTD. That is down from their "sale" price of of $13479 (with the $300 rebate) before TTL that they had on the tag.
When I bought my '07 last July, TTL was $251, so I figure the bike, including the set up and bs paperwork fees is about $12249. The owner said that deal would only net him about $400 profit.

Anyone hear of any new '07's going for signicantly lower than that? I'm thinking its a good deal, but I'm not sure and I don't wanna steer my brother wrong.
I purchased (yet to be delivered) a '07 new FJR1300A in the San Francisco Bay Area for $12.3K; not including frame sliders and risers.

$11,500 in Altus, Okla, at Altus Motorsports.

I gave $12,600 for mine, back in Sept., included was a top box and 5 year YES. $12,500 for a left-over '07 sounds a little high, but how much are you willing to spend, chasing a 'better' deal.

Good luck to ya'll on finding him an FJR.

P.S.: What bike does your brother have, that he made you ride all day?

12,100 OTD left over 07 in October. I paid 11,375 + tax title lic. Yeah, I know taxes suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 11,600 OTD in Dec 07. New, fresh out of the crate. See if they will throw in the 4 year YES program. 12,500 with the YES would be a reasonable deal. Depends on how far you are willing to chase after a better deal.

how much are you willing to spend, chasing a 'better' deal.

P.S.: What bike does your brother have, that he made you ride all day?
Well, I don't think it's a good idea to save $500 on the purchase price of the bike if it's gonna cost him $500 to go pick it up and get it home. I told him he should wait for a good deal, and be prepared to travel to get it; I just have no idea where that elusive smoking deal is or if 12.5k in his backyard is good enough to just accept.

As far as his bike, its an '03 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 with the LOUDEST Vance&Hines pipes on the planet. Its a fun, light, reliable little thing, but is not made for riding twisties. I bought it used (with those pipes already installed) on Valentine's day, 2004 for my wife. My brother bought it from me when my wife got pregnant and knew she wouldn't be riding for a while. His plan was to give the Kawi to his fiance and buy himself a BMW GS1200, but wanting and paying are two different things. His finances have improved now, so I want him to get the most out of his dollar.

Good price if it is an AE. My AE was $12,995 OTD in November and it was not the best deal nationwide but appeared to be best in the northeast. If it is an A, I would negotiate further.

I paid $11,800 + TTL last June for my '07A. I think your brother should be able to get a better deal than the one the dealer offered him.

You can buy an '08 with all of the improvements and that great BLACK color for less than 12K at D&H. Why go for the '07?
Because it's not Black? :rolleyes:

$11,800 for my '07 in March of last year. You can get a better deal.

There's always a better deal to be had... there's always someone who paid less then you... It really depends on what your priorities are. I personally choose to place price below service and experience in my priorities. I've walked out on the cheap dealer because of attitude and salesman BS and as a result, I've paid more for a great buying experience.

MHO - I've been in all my local dealers, know which ones I like and trust, and where my money goes... I decided who I was buying from before I knew they even had one on the lot. (Did that with both my KLR and FJR purchases)

Some people place the deal over service and experience, and I am sure they have better advice on getting the best deal...

Jason

Just paid $13,850 OTD for a still-crated 07. Includes 5-year warranty and our steep sales tax here in WA (9.2% on vehicles). Taking those two out of the picture I paid about $12,233. Not the cheapest deal I could find especially if I'd been willing to go out of state, but I'm with Jason, I want to buy from somebody who doesn't play games and just gives me a fair deal. They're in business to make a profit, and I want to buy from someone I respect and who will treat me well for years to come. It's about building a relationship for me, and that requires an up-front investment.

Just paid $13,850 OTD for a still-crated 07. Includes 5-year warranty and our steep sales tax here in WA (9.2% on vehicles). Taking those two out of the picture I paid about $12,233. Not the cheapest deal I could find especially if I'd been willing to go out of state, but I'm with Jason, I want to buy from somebody who doesn't play games and just gives me a fair deal. They're in business to make a profit, and I want to buy from someone I respect and who will treat me well for years to come. It's about building a relationship for me, and that requires an up-front investment.
I have been all but begging the local Yamaha dealer here (the owner) to sell me an FJR (two if the price was right, my son wants one too). Its not like I don't know him - I've purchased 3 Kawi's in the past from him & use his service dept. I told him I was willing to pay him a premium to buy it locally. Another no returned call this week & I am now on the list with D&H. $12K otd $385 for the ext war.

I have been all but begging the local Yamaha dealer here (the owner) to sell me an FJR (two if the price was right, my son wants one too). Its not like I don't know him - I've purchased 3 Kawi's in the past from him & use his service dept. I told him I was willing to pay him a premium to buy it locally. Another no returned call this week & I am now on the list with D&H. $12K otd $385 for the ext war.
What dealer is this?? Not returning phone calls for weeks at a time? its a pretty good sign to find a new dealer...

Just north of your local, here in Salt Lake City, South Valley Yamaha has an 07' A model and AE model on the show room floor. It is the dealership that I got my FJR from and they were pretty close to the D&H group in Alabama price.

The salesman I have dealt with many times is Matt S. and the dealership Phone number is 801-576-1899.

If you want I can get a price from him, I'm picking up a few dirt bikes from him next week.

Let me know if I can help.