New ZUMO 350LM Announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting..... available 3rd quarter 2012. Would like more info as to stereo bluetooth, more pictures (is it similar cradle/mount as the 550), etc., etc.

hmmm...lots of missing features compared to the 665. No MP3, no JPG viewer, no weather/traffic/XM/audio book. Looks like they are taking a step backwards here.

I've had the 660 for a couple years and it's worked well. These things are so damn expensive I'm keeping mine until it dies before I upgrade.

Here is a video of the 350LM I found on Youtube. It's pretty much a fluff video but at least it shows the unit some. I like the looks of it.

Features & Specs

If comes with free lifetime map upgrades.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also list for $699. I think I'll stick with my old non-motorcycle friendly, non-waterproof Nuvi that has been thru hell and high water for three years that cost me $175. I can buy a lot of sandwich bags and rubber bands for the extra $500 :D But I guess for those of you guys that money is no object it's great ;)

It also list for $699. I think I'll stick with my old non-motorcycle friendly, non-waterproof Nuvi that has been thru hell and high water for three years that cost me $175. I can buy a lot of sandwich bags and rubber bands for the extra $500 :D But I guess for those of you guys that money is no object it's great ;)
I guess I'll stick with my antiquated 760.

I know it was not designed for a motorcycle, but it doesn't know it.

When I get to a city I am unfamiliar with I just plug in my ear phones and address and it tells me where to go.

Come to think of it I have a device like that at home. :p

That's why we spend our life working, not playing, so that we can get money to buy crap. What do you want to do, take it with you?? Line your casket with it??? SPEND BABY SPEND!!! :yahoo:

Looks nice.

I have invested in lifetime maps for my 660 and is has/is serving me well.

The only thing that will make me move off of the 660 is one I can read in direct sunlight. And of course if it dies.

Like the looks of this one for sure.

My 1390T, in an Aqua box, has served me well (it has the lifetime map updates on it) and will continue to do so until it dies. I'm one of those who often finds themselves spending on the bike and eating from soup cans, lol, but I've yet to bring myself to drop large money on a GPS. :p

I just wish some other company would come out with a dependable motorcycle GPS. Garmin is the one-eyed man in the land of the blind. :glare:

hmmm...lots of missing features compared to the 665. No MP3, no JPG viewer, no weather/traffic/XM/audio book. Looks like they are taking a step backwards here.
guess it looks ok to me...I've been running my Zumo 550 for years...don't look at pics, don't use it for music, will not pay for anything that's a monthly fee...I'm probably an example for a market that fits

course, I'm hoping my 550 might last forever...being able to replace the screen/digitizer makes the unit head in that direction

<knock on my wooden head :rolleyes: >

I like the "Service Log" or whatever they called it. It has blue tooth navigation, so I wonder if it does or does not still have an MP3 player. If not, that's a dissapointment. It didn't say anything about XM, which it seems lots of people like. Maybe not enough for them to continue offering it??

Garmin makes me wonder sometimes.

The Comparison chart shows a lot of missing features, and very little savings over a Zumo 665 which retains flagship status. No MP3 or XM, headset only Bluetooth, and lack of a Garmin Lock feature. What could they be thinking?

This unit compares most closely to the 660 without the MP3 capability, and prices $50 higher. The lifetime maps is not enough to commend this unit for the $100 saved over a 665, although it finally stores 100 routes. It will be interesting to see if the battery is user serviceable. The chart does not show it as removable.

...don't look at pics, don't use it for music, will not pay for anything that's a monthly fee...
+1....but I also don't use FB or Twitter and don't have a smart phone either!!! LOL

IMO this 350LM should be priced in the $499.00 or lower category however.

The 665 list price was 999 not to long ago, but everyone was selling for 799.

I wouldn't be surprised if the street price on this was around 550 and next year 499. The last thing they want to do is stick all their dealers with inventory that they can't move b/c customers want to wait for this model (customers that don't think they need the features of the 665 - e.g. Patriot, :lol: ). It's a better story for retailers to be, "look at everything you get for $100 more", rather than weighting for a product that is not shipping.

Sometimes I think Apple's shroud of secrecy with product launches is not a bad business model.