Newbie, in need of info

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow2lrn

Reaction score
I just got thru installing sliders on my 2004 fjr and having both side cowlings off that my Radiator reservor level is at the low mark. What type of antifreeze should I use to fill it to the right level? I also would like to ask another dumb question I gotto learn I guess, Is their another way of checking the coolant level...without taking off the side fairing covers???

Bill

For simplicity, I now use the Honda Pre-mix motorcycle coolant. Good stuff. Easy to use.

08C50-C321S01_large.jpg

Clicky HERE

You can usually "check" the coolant level without removing the side fairing (at least on Gen I FJRs), but to actually add coolant, the fairing piece must come off. Not a big deal after doing it a couple times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest reading the wonderfully documented FJR Blowjob article.

Hey, I had seen that thread topic on the forum but had not read it yet. Thanks it is very good info.

Bill

For simplicity, I now use the Honda Pre-mix motorcycle coolant. Good stuff. Easy to use.
08C50-C321S01_large.jpg

Clicky HERE

You can usually "check" the coolant level without removing the side fairing (at least on Gen I FJRs), but to actually add coolant, the fairing piece must come off. Not a big deal after doing it a couple times.
Hey I appreciate the info, I might try this later but right now I have 2 gallons of the Havoline anti-feeze on my garage storage shelves. I didn't know if it would work on my Yamaha fjr or not.

Bill