No Fjr For Me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tercol58

Reaction score
Well I have found a real good deal to good to pass up on a 03 ST 1300 so no FJR at this time. Best thing about this deal is it is so good if I don't like the ST I can trade up to the FJR without to big a hit on the wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same can be said for buying any used machine, since the depreciation hit has already been taken.

The ST1300 is a very pleasant and reliable machine. You'll probably enjoy it.

I just bought my 03 FJR at a good deal as well. I really enjoy it, but I will ride it for a couple of years and truly decide if I will buy a new one. Course, I would hope they would update the bike by that time. Looks like 2011 is a bust "unless you don't have heated grips" yet. I would like to ride an ST just to see how it feels in comparison.

I actually went to the dealer to test ride an ST1300 and stumbled across my FJR while I was there. I think that Honda is a solid bike and you'll like it. Enjoy the ride.

Of course, we all think we'll see you again later. ;)

I actually went to the dealer to test ride an ST1300 and stumbled across my FJR while I was there. I think that Honda is a solid bike and you'll like it. Enjoy the ride.

Of course, we all think we'll see you again later. ;)
You did good. When I rode one I liked it alot. It is more laid back than the FJR and will probably keep you out of trouble with Johnny Law. The FJR begs to be ridden a little faster it seems.

Screw all the mamby-pamby feel good pansies above.

Bottom line: You bought a POS. Why settle for hamburger when you can have steak?

Best of luck.

Bottom line: You bought a POS. Why settle for hamburger when you can have steak?

Best of luck.
Yeah I guess SkooterG is right

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen."

Sean Connery in "The Rock"

Best of luck.
Yeah I guess SkooterG is right

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen."

Sean Connery in "The Rock"
Not everyone is in agreement:

England's Bike magazine says this (about the FJR) on page 159 of Sept. '10 issue:

Heavy, basic, old-school tourer is dependable, trustworthy, but doesn't compare favorably with newer rivals. Price (England) verges on insulting.

The general consensus on "the weave" is that it happens with the topbox on and at speeds well over 100mph. The British police had some problems with their fully loaded ST13s at high speeds. I never went 120 with a box on mine and never had a trace of weave. So unless supersonic speeds with luggage are in your plans, don't worry about it. You'll love it!

pete

former '03 ST owner

I've ridden with some ST owners. Amazingly, we never had a debate about who's is bigger motorcycle brands as we enjoyed the roads, the scenery and meals.

Most of us are motorcyclists who own and love our FJRs. I say enjoy your new bike! There'll always be an FJR for you if you make that decision.

Well I have found a real good deal to good to pass up on a 03 ST 1300 so no FJR at this time. Best thing about this deal is it is so good if I don't like the ST I can trade up to the FJR without to big a hit on the wallet.
Congrats on the new ride. I came from an '03 ST1300 and find the FJR a bit more sporty and current. My biggest issue with the ST was the weight. Dropping 90 lbs and a lower CG really helps since I'm inseam challenged.

I see you on the ST-owners forum, where I still hang around. I met a lot of people while I had my ST and still ride with them. Great folks over there.

Is your bike an ABS one with the adjustable windshield or standard? The ABS models are much more in demand.

Good luck with your new ride.

Rick

tercol58 post Six months later...
Well I'm baaaaack. Set the ST on fire, and bought me a real moto-cycle. Cheers.

Best of luck.
Yeah!

Well, I have both a 2006 FJR and a 2005 ST 1300. They are both great bikes but I like the FJR better. It feels more sporty and rides a tad cooler. The Honda is very smooth though. I have always felt that I will get a "major performance award" on the Honda first because the feedback to the rider is so different. I have found myself into triple digits accidently, on the Honda more than my Yamaha. My feej is more powerful, but that Honda is sneeky! And that ST has always been rock solid over 100mph. Another reason it is hard to tell when you pass that mark.

mr.paul, from Minnesota