No less than 500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the website for the 2008 100 THOUSAND FOOT RUN

They allow a limited number of riders, so if someone is interested, it would be a good idea to register early (not this early I think). I went on it in 2003 and it was a nice ride. For the entrance fee we got a T-Shirt, continental breakfast, a lunch up in the mountains and a BBQ when we got back. Not a bad deal at all. I had one of the few FJRs (come to think of it, might have been the only one), mostly Beemers, but all sorts of different styles and brands and everyone was welcome.

July 25th - 27th

Is this day now pretty much set? I checked the Red Bull Grand Prix website and they are advertising July 18-20, 2008 for Laguna Seca. Not to be a PITA, but there's usually a dog fight at work for summer vacation. I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll fly out and ride Michelle's back seat???

:)

Turn about is fair play, right?

Maybe I'll fly out and ride Michelle's back seat??? :)

Turn about is fair play, right?
u wanna ride on the back of my bike? LOL! are u crazy?! dude, i've NEVER had a passenger on the bike before. not on any of the 3 bikes i've had now. pretty hard to find volunteers! i know i could do it, just haven't found a sucker willin to try with me! LOL!

maybe we can practice in the hotel parking lot? you'll have all your gear on right! :lol:

Nothing like a long ride across the south in July *sigh*

I need to go back to the planning board and see

Hey Boofer, do they have one of those rail trains from Orlando heading west?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vacation time and $$ permitting, Andy and I plan to be there. Let me know when the date is confirmed, since I need to ask for the time off work before anyone else snags that week.

Jill

July 25th - 27th

Is this day now pretty much set? I checked the Red Bull Grand Prix website and they are advertising July 18-20, 2008 for Laguna Seca. Not to be a PITA, but there's usually a dog fight at work for summer vacation. I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!

:rolleyes:
Was thinking the same thing. But OC to Monterey to Colorado sounds fun. I might get to do highway 50 through Nevada. I know, sounds masochistic, but I've been dying to do it.

I haven't been around long enough to talk about riding Michelle's "back seat", but suffice it do say, uh, well, better leave it alone I guess.

July 25th - 27th
Is this day now pretty much set?
[SIZE=24pt]NO, IT IS NOT![/SIZE]

There will be further announcements forthcoming, but just to help those that need to reserve next summer vacation time:

The date for NAFO has now been set in stone: [SIZE=14pt]July 10-13, 2008[/SIZE].

The venue location is still central Colorado.

Details to be announced by the rallymaster when he sees fit to do so... the intent of this post is to correct the erroneous notion that the event dates are the same as the last few years (last weekend of July). True, it was originally intended to remain that weekend, however, this has changed.

Again: these dates are SET IN STONE, and will not change: July 10-13, 2008. Please make your vacation plans accordingly.

The date for NAFO has now been set in stone: [SIZE=14pt]July 10-13, 2008[/SIZE].
Finally, I can go to OSHKOSH AND NAFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

July 10-13, 2008. Please make your vacation plans accordingly.
Wonder if I can get that off. Oh yeah, it's in the summer; got that month, the one before it and the one after it off. I'm good, see ya there! :clapping:

I've had my '05 Feejer since November of '04 and haven't made one regional meet. I'll try to make NAFO my first. I have a family reunion in June in Puerto Rico (Dad's side of the family), but I'm hoping I can arrange this time off as well. I'd love to be a part of a SouthEast group that could ride over there. Definitely high on my wish list.

I've had my '05 Feejer since November of '04 and haven't made one regional meet. I'll try to make NAFO my first. I have a family reunion in July in Puerto Rico (Dad's side of the family), but I'm hoping I can arrange this time off as well. I'd love to be a part of a SouthEast group that could ride over there. Definitely high on my wish list.
Steve

I am thinking of doing a BBG for the trip out. Wanna tag or lead - you can clear the deer :p

July 25th - 27th
Is this day now pretty much set?
[SIZE=24pt]NO, IT IS NOT![/SIZE]

There will be further announcements forthcoming, but just to help those that need to reserve next summer vacation time:

The venue location is still central Colorado.

Details to be announced by the rallymaster when he sees fit to do so... the intent of this post is to correct the erroneous notion that the event dates are the same as the last few years (last weekend of July). True, it was originally intended to remain that weekend, however, this has changed.

Again: these dates are SET IN STONE, and will not change: July 10-13, 2008. Please make your vacation plans accordingly.
The old dates were supposedly set in stone so why :eek: the change (in dates) :wacko: ....not replying will not be acceptable....just FYI.....

I might get to do highway 50 through Nevada. I know, sounds masochistic, but I've been dying to do it.
Nothing masochistic about that! There are a few really fun sections of 50, but most of it is ZZZZZzzzz (at the speed limit yuk yuk).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts