North American Wild Card Moto-Tag Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Whistlepig Farm doesn't have a tasting/sales room. They do have a tasting room (and bottle sales) set up in nearby Middlebury, which I passed through to ride across Middlebury Gap (
punk.gif
) , but I didn't stop there. Not a great idea when riding on 2 wheels, IMO. Besides, I can buy it $10 cheaper (and tax free) at the NH State Liquor Store. It still ain't too cheap at $65 a fifth for the regular 10 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the speed of the tag game in winter, your bakery grab is just fine.
yes.gif

I'm sure someone will find a distillery w/o trouble, but it won't likely be me. A little thin in po-dunk Mormon-ville Utah. And I'm not riding up to SLC in the winter if I don't have a really good reason to.
no.gif

I was on a long-ish ride yesterday and, as you can see, it was late in the day on my way home when I collected thess tag photos. While the word "Pie" is not on the sign, that is exactly what they are renowned for. Just like Mom's Pastries
2017-11-21_16.45.57.jpg

2017-11-21_16.46.25.jpg

2017-11-21_16.46.52.jpg

Assuming that the above bakery meets the tag criteria, a new tag for you (collected earlier on in yesterday's ride) is to find a local distillery. Micro distillers are popping up all over, so it shouldn't be hard to find one nearby.

WhistlePig is an interesting upstart in that they specialize in Rye Whiskey, which are very popular north of the 49th parallel, but just catching on in the US. The production facility is located down several miles of dirt roads in a converted Dairy Farm in west-central Vermont. They are now growing their own rye grain on premises, so they'll have "Grain to Glass" whiskey available as soon as it ages appropriately.

2017-11-21_13.54.49.jpg

2017-11-21_13.54.56.jpg

USA Today story on WhistlePig Farm
Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday Fred! I'd look forward to some Whistle-Pig, but my budget is closer to Woodford's. Good tag.

Post Thanksgiving day ride and tag hunt. First a distillery;

PB250009-L.jpg

PB250010-L.jpg

PB250012-L.jpg

Tattered Flag Distillery and Brewpub in Middletown, PA is an all veteran owned and operated establishment. Restaurant on the second floor and a game room with corn-hole boards indoors.Decent food and varied menu.

New tag; a museum dedicated to a specific item or type of item. Think planes, trains, automobiles, etc.

PB250013-L.jpg

PB250014-L.jpg

PB250015-L.jpg

The National Watch and Clock Museum is located in Columbia, PA and is dedicated to all things time related. Admission is based strictly on donations, you pay what you feel it was worth.

Nice new tag. I’ve always been interested in mechanical clocks and time pieces since I was young. One of my favorite memories was being at the “clock shop” at Old Sturbridge Village at the noon hour. What a lovely racket that is!

My first training in entreprise was in Switzerland. In a clock laboratory... It was a very nice time

Nice new tag. I’ve always been interested in mechanical clocks and time pieces since I was young. One of my favorite memories was being at the “clock shop” at Old Sturbridge Village at the noon hour. What a lovely racket that is!
Dammit Fred, now I feel l like I need to go back and do a ride report based on this. I was only inside once and only as far as the gift shop but I have been wanting to go and actually do a full tour. There is also a very nice mural on an old building as you enter town dedicated to this museum. I'm not really sure how or why this particular town was picked as the home for this. Guess now I'll have to do some research.

So, here is the Zentrum Center in Spartanburg, SC that showcases - guess what - the BMW

bmw1.jpg

The Spartanburg BMW facilties are the second largest BMW facilities in the world and are the sole producer of the X series

bmw2.jpg

The next tag is easy - your bike in front of a purty Christmas tree

The tree in Greer, SC city park

tree.jpg

Someone better grab this soon or we'll have trouble finding a Christmas tree! I've already seen them on the curb for pick up.
warning.gif

Grab - Purty Christmas tree:

0103181601.jpg
0103181601a.jpg

New Tag - Anything founded/established from 1900 to 1999.

0103181602.jpg