Not liking The FJR Sound

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kissimmee John

Reaction score
I love my new 06, it's my first bike at 50yo....but I am not crazy about how it sounds....I want more of a rumble than a whine....will any of these slip on exhausts give me a deeper sound....don't want loud, just want some throatiness.... Any suggestions?

This is a I-4, not a V-twin, so you will never get a true "rumble". However, most slip-ons will give you a little more throatiness. Do a search and you will hear a lot about Staintunes, blue-flames, holeshots, leo-vinces, muzzys, two brothers, D&Ds, and maybe a few others.

BTW, that's my nicest way of suggesting that you search before you post something that has been discussed ad nauseum.

-BD

BTW, that's my nicest way of suggesting that you search before you post something that has been discussed ad nauseum.
-BD
Glad to see those Dale Carnegie courses' are workin' out for ya BD :lol:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my new 06, it's my first bike at 50yo....but I am not crazy about how it sounds....I want more of a rumble than a whine....will any of these slip on exhausts give me a deeper sound....don't want loud, just want some throatiness.... Any suggestions?
Get Staintunes. The sound is incredible.

Doug Walker Holeshots sound great.

I have them and think they are fanstatic.

Doug Walker Holeshots sound great.I have them and think they are fanstatic.
Didn't know that DALE Walker had a brother in the same line of work. Fancy that! :blink: :D Hopefully I will find out what they are like....soon.

You've got 400 miles on the first motorcycle you've ever owned. You're not sure if it's the bike for you. and you don't like the way it sounds. Just what the hell does it sound like when you're moving?

I was wondering what happened to the people who were regular contributors a year ago. It's becoming clear now.

Where the hell is that block button? It's been used on me, but this will be my first.

Any of these mentioned would be nice but if you really wanna make some noise change the horn to a Stebel Nautilus.That will wake up a cager on a phone really quick.Quiet pipes pass loud ones anyday.BTW do you have the AE?I rode with a guy that had Staintunes on his AE and what a sweet note

You've got 400 miles on the first motorcycle you've ever owned. You're not sure if it's the bike for you. and you don't like the way it sounds. Just what the hell does it sound like when you're moving?

I was wondering what happened to the people who were regular contributors a year ago. It's becoming clear now.

Where the hell is that block button? It's been used on me, but this will be my first.
Really..if you are going to flame a FNG (most hospitable of you to do so...I take it that you were never a newbie at any stage)...then try and quote the correct information, or better still, put your response in the correct thread.

In this thread, he is asking about the sound of the OEM pipes as opposed to slip-ons. He is a new owner, and loves the FJR. What's your problem with this?

You guys really go out of your way to give the FNG's a hard time, don't you. Almost like this is some exclusive club and newbies are not welcome.

KMJ

Buy a cruiser too...problem solved!

FJR Steve it's a chemical imbalance. It happens when you get older....it's called Oldcuntis Intollerantitis

someone got up on the wrong side of the rock.

if you are a tightwad like me you could try drilling hte baffles. Someone here on the board has discussed that. Of course there is no going back.

I wear ear plugs becasue of helmet whistle so i don't see any point in spending $$$$$ for something I can't hear.

I know what you mean about the sound, but the only time I can hear it is when I get off the bike, and take my helmet off and put my hearing aids back on too. :clapping:

I was at Thunder Hill racetrack watching some friends do an endurance race. They came by to have me rev it up and loved the sweet smooth sound of speed, Those guys love anything that spins over 8000 rpm.

Welcome to the list from another 50 yo NOOB

Blue Flame slip-ons sound really nice. If you get the dual output you can tune the sound and volume level to four different levels.