NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it penciled in on my calendar. Would also like to catch Randy's outing, if he does it again next year. Upstate NY is just the right distance from home for a great overnighter. Hope it works out.
Ride? You mean Ride[SIZE=18pt]s[/SIZE]. There's a chance we might be doing 2 of them...one in northern VA (Winchester area) and one in the same area as this year (south-central PA). Details to follow.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

IMG_0566.jpg

I'll be at Brynilsen's Viking Village on Fourth Lake (near Old Forge) starting the Saturday a week later for the whole week. Been going there that time of year for about 10 years. Wish I had my bike when I'm up there....

Jb

I'll be heading West in the RV with the dogs, kids and wife.
Change in my travel plans. That weekend is fathers day and my kids coach the big special olympics meet in Boston that weekend.

So I'm in for the FJR ride! :yahoo:

I'll be riding out at dawn to catch breakfast in NY. Any Worcester area riders are welcome to join me.

It is likely that I will be attending this ride. Big thanks go to Da' Geeza'. He has so graciously offered to provide lodging & beer ;) to me... which will extend my touring pocketbook considerably.

If'n the lot of you are really nice to him, maybe he'll give you beer, too!

Heidi clued me in on this yesterday.

Cheryl and I are in.

Great idea Iris, 'bout time we get together for a ride. : )

We would like to open an invitation to people that might want to ride up on Friday.

Since Geezer is taking Heidi in. We have a cabin off exit 19 Rt88. So anyone comming from parts west of Albany can pop in and shack up with us.

Mind you, this is not a Holiday Inn express, we can accomidate 2 to 4 people with a couch and air mattresses. There is a garage for inside bike parking of up to 6 bikes.( really 4 since my FJR and Cheryl's Ninja we be in there.)

Any one who might want to stay please PM me and let me know.

Tim

Definitely interested. I live very close to Sacandaga Lake(it's across the street). I would like to meet fellow forum members & go for a nice ride. Maybe I can meet you all somewhere on the way threw or stop at my house. By the sound of things you might be going wright by my house. If not, or if you don't want to stop I can meet you somewhere.

Art

Art,

Our plan is to come in from Rt. 29 on Fish House road. Take a right turn (at the T) heading North on the East side. Continue over the bridge to the West side and take a right turn at the General Store and continue North on the West side of the lake, stopping for a few minutes at the over look. Perhaps you could join us at the General Store. When the time gets closer, we can make definite arrangements.

Jim

Jim

Sounds good. I live 5 minutes from that general store called Fullers. See you there.

Anyone in this area planning on EOM-08? I'm thinking about it and would like to ride there with at least one other. The more the merrier

Art

Howdy Art, we need someone to host EOM-08 b4 you can ride to it. It seems that nobody is willing to do it as of yet. If someone doesn't pick up the planning, we are in jeopardy of "NO" EOM for '08.

So, since you live in the mountains, perhaps you'd have some interest in doing it? :bye: :good: :hyper:

Will be meeting you in June. Looking forward to it, Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
See a sample video on you tube

....not sure if this link is going to work.

Do you have the exact route that you guys intend to take? We plan on joining up w/ y'all somewhere on the way. Where is the planned lunch stop?

-Greg-

Do you have the exact route that you guys intend to take? We plan on joining up w/ y'all somewhere on the way. Where is the planned lunch stop?-Greg-
Greg,

We plan to have lunch in Long Lake at the Hotel/Resturant on the lake. We'll be shooting for noonish.

Did you check out the video on youtube (see Iris' previous post for the link)?

Jim

Jim,

How did you mount the camera and why does the speed seem off?

I'm guessing you shot it with the camera on some sort of fairing mount and that must be HerFjr dancing around on the bike in front because I don't know anyone that can whip an FJR around the corners like she can.

Great tunes and video!

Jim,

How did you mount the camera and why does the speed seem off?

I'm guessing you shot it with the camera on some sort of fairing mount and that must be HerFjr dancing around on the bike in front because I don't know anyone that can whip an FJR around the corners like she can.

Great tunes and video!
I'll pencil it in Mr Bill. Unfortunatly its my daughters B-day, so it may be a no go, but I got 6 months to work on the girls!!

I'll pencil it in Mr Bill. Unfortunatly its my daughters B-day, so it may be a no go, but I got 6 months to work on the girls!!
My first born is turning 18 next summer. I think she is tired of me kidding her by singing the Wizard of Oz tune Ding Dong Micheala's Gone in anticipation of her leaving for school next fall :lol:

I'm planning on riding out that morning so we could meet up at DD across from the mall.

There is another ride you may want to check out with a local group:

NEST FEST July 25-28

Chris (aka BugR)

Our plan is to be in Lake Placid around 2ish to have coffee. We can certainly meet you there. As we get closer to the date....we'll exchange cell phone numbers so we can be more exact in our timing.

Mr. Bill,

Jim's camera is attached For this film he used the stationary mount, not the remote lens. I sped up the video a tad by an edit option in the movie making program. I felt it did more justice to the motorcycle dance and the beat of the music.