NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No disrespect intended and, I'm not likely to head that far south to the starting point of a day ride as I ride out of Montreal, but that sounds like a shorter version of a typical Satuday or Sunday day ride for the group I ride with - we tend to meet for an early breakfast and toss a coin to decide where to go . . . if I may be so bold as to ask; why are you planning it in such detail so far in advance?
There are some amazing secondary roads in the park if you are adventurous - some of them are unpaved and a lot are in a questionable state of repair - but it can be amazing.

BTW - If you're going to be in Lake Placid, I might suggest you head a couple of miles farther, toward Saranac Lake (nice not-straight 2 lane if you take the direct route and the tourists don't clog it) and stop at a regional tourist trap called 'Tail 'O The Pup' in Lake Placid - Burgers, ribs, and such served outdoors.

GPS Co-ordinates: N44 17.923 W74 04.583

Highway 3 to Highway 30 south to 28N might be an interesting start for your run back toward home after the snack break.

That will be fun to start from Montreal and meet them somewhere, what do you think ?

Greetings all.

I'm looking to head in that area the 6th of June. The thought would be to pass through the area with you and continue on to New Hampshire and maybe even Maine for a 3-4 day trip. I may be able to postpone another week to join you.

Randy, are you still looking to go? If so, maybe we can hook up for part of the trip.

Greetings all.
I'm looking to head in that area the 6th of June. The thought would be to pass through the area with you and continue on to New Hampshire and maybe even Maine for a 3-4 day trip. I may be able to postpone another week to join you.

Randy, are you still looking to go? If so, maybe we can hook up for part of the trip.
SPORT,

That would be great if you could join us. We'll make sure you see some nice areas of the Adirondacks.

I am interested in this ride. My wife and I would be coming out the night before and stay overnight at a motel. We're leaning toward a cheap room just to crash for the night before, however, If anyone knows of a special place like an inn or b+b that's really special let us know. We are coming from southern NH and met HerFjr and company on the covered bridge tour and had a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just peaking in on this thread. I'm still planning on attending. It sure will be good to see you guys, again.

Heidi

Unfortunately I'm going to have to bail, this is the weekend after the STN National, I expect to be somewhere in WV heading home on the 14th.

Chris

Wife & I will probably stay over Fri & Sat nights also.

So if anybody knows about a place in the area, post up.

For anyone needing overnight accomodations, we will post a list of nearby (within a mile radius of the starting point)motels/hotels with phone numbers and addresses. There are several in the area. We will try to post some this weekend. There are also plenty of restaurants, a Starbucks and a couple of Dunkin Donuts.

The starting point will be the Circle Diner in Latham, NY.

I'm staying with Geezer! He's giving me beer!

Motel rooms listed least expensive first. All located under 1 mile from starting point:

Microtel Inn & suites (1) queen = $67.50 +tax, (2) queen = $72.00 +tax

7 Rensselaer Avenue

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 782-9161

Web: microtelinn.com

Super 8 (1) double = $69.99 +tax, (1) king = $79.99 +tax, (1) Suite = 1 king and one queen pullout = $89.99 +tax.

681 Troy-Schenectady Road

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 783-8808

Web: www.the.super8.com/latham03690

Cocca's Inns & Suites $79.95 +tax - $91.15 +tax.

831 Route 9 - Latham Circle

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 785-6626 ext 171

Web: www.coccas.com

Hampton Inn $89.00 +tax

981 New Loudon Road (Route 9)

Cohoes, NY 12047

Phone (518) 785-0000

Web: [email protected]

Holiday Inn Express $99.00 +tax

946 New Loudon Road (Route 9)

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 783-6161

Quality Inn $109.00 +tax

611 Troy-Schenectady Road

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 785-5891

LaQuinta Inn & Suites $109.00 +tax

I87, Exit 6, 833 New Loudon Road (Route 9)

Latham, NY 12110

Phone (518) 640-2200

Iris/Jim- any thoughts on maybe getting together friday night at a nice restaurant for a meet and greet and socializing before Saturday's ride?

I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express.

Iris/Jim- any thoughts on maybe getting together friday night at a nice restaurant for a meet and greet and socializing before Saturday's ride?I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
Hi Skip!

Yes, we were thinking the same thing. Our thoughts were either coffee at starbucks and/or dinner somewhere. There's a Ruby Tuesday's, an Applebees, Panera Bread, Carrabba's....there's also a new place called Filet 7 West (not open yet). These are all near the Latham Circle. We can pick one at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motel rooms listed
Thanks Iris. Any of those less, er, attractive than the others?
We'll stay at either Super 8 or Hampton for rewards points.

We may stop for dinner on the way to break up the ride.

Depends on how early we are able to leave Friday.

Would be nice to meet that evening though, at least for coffee, or something stronger...

Jim and I (aka ZOOOMM and herfjr) are putting together an FJR ride for Saturday June 14th, 2008.
This sounds like a great way for my wife and I to meet some of you folks and to shake our bikes down before our (insanely) long trip in July. We'll definitely try to make it.

She wants to know if it's OK for her to bring her BMW F800ST though. :)