Octolillo California Tragedy - 7 down, 5 dead

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dodge that ran into the bikes probably never even saw them, all he saw was the Civic in his lane.

I really really really hope they find the Civic. But even if they do it's going to be impossible to put anybody behind the wheel at the time if nobody can ID him. I wonder what he had to be at that was worth 5 lives?

The Dodge that ran into the bikes probably never even saw them, all he saw was the Civic in his lane.
a pass was absolutely not worth any damage/loss.

On an isolated 2 lane straight road down there you would need to be doing 10 - 15 mph over to not obstruct traffic behind you.

'Tis massive guess on what went on here, but nobody can safely pass 12 bikes in a single staggered formation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Foxnews.com article says that the Dodge driver swerved into the sandy shoulder to avoid the Civic, but then lost control of the vehicle and plowed into the motorcyclists.

That makes sense: onto the shoulder, over-correct with no traction. It makes it conceivable that the Civic driver doesn't even know what happened. Or didn't until he saw the news. . . .

That makes sense: onto the shoulder, over-correct with no traction. It makes it conceivable that the Civic driver doesn't even know what happened. Or didn't until he saw the news. . . .

And with deaths now involved, that driver is not likely to come forward and face jail time.

Kind of having a hard time getting to the Honda driver not knowing... they're in the wrong lane and a car has to swerve out of the way to avoid a head on collision with them? The Honda driver is not looking forward and doesn't see this? Just can't get there myself.

Of course none of us know for sure, I *guess* it's possible, and that's why the police want to "talk" to the person... I'd prefer to just kill them. I mean if there's any chance it's just they are totally incompetent, well they should be killed for that too, so they're never on the road doing something like this again.

It's just tragic for sure, horrifying.

By not knowing, I mean he doesn't know the other car came back across the road into the bikes. It probably happened behind him - other car goes by on the shoulder, he's through and hightailing it outa there.

Personally, I don't see how you could not at least glance at the mirror to see what happened to him, but . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
... Honda probably did'nt know it happened?!?!?

This road is very straight and on the desert floor, no trees, very flat.

This is the way to Mexicalli, Mexican border town.

After the pass you can bet he looked in the mirror, saw the carange then fled (probably back over the border).

Hope they find him/ her.

Very sad for these local riders and their families. Heard the news earlier and had a hard time reading the article to my family. Hope they find the driver responsible.

By not knowing, I mean he doesn't know the other car came back across the road into the bikes. It probably happened behind him - other car goes by on the shoulder, he's through and hightailing it outa there.

Personally, I don't see how you could not at least glance at the mirror to see what happened to him, but . . . . .
Got u now m8, and u know, given the asinine driving this person already demonstrated, it's not that far of a reach to imagine they just kept on going and didn't bother to look back. You can see someone who has already displayed no concern for others doing that.

Maybe some kind of drug cartel type person? Sadly we probably will never know. But if we do... pls pls give me a call, I have not shot my 9mm for some time and it needs a few clips run through it...

Sadness x10!

Let's hope that one of the cameras caught the perpetrator and has recorded the Honda license plate number.

THIS is why I dislike groups of motorcycles riding "en masse". It is much safer to break a large group into segments of 5-6 bikes and leave room for those who would pass or those who would like to turn into a driveway or side street. OR....actually letting a faster vehicle pass your group or riding single file to allow them safe passage.

Of course, it it's your turn to "go", no planning will stop providence.

The driver of the Dodge Avenger is suspected of DWI, I think he is mostly to blame. The Honda must have easily cleared the Dodge, if the Dodge first swerved to the right and then to the left onto the motorcyclist, at 60 mph each and 120 mph combined, the Dodge must have started its first swerve way before he was in danger of colliding with the Honda. The Honda is not blameless. The motorcyclists are not blameless either for creating such a large group. It's a tragedy, there are no winners here.

Maybe some kind of drug cartel type person? Sadly we probably will never know. But if we do... pls pls give me a call, I have not shot my 9mm for some time and it needs a few clips run through it...
What are you, AsItLies?

Twelve?

:glare:
What about my reply would cause you to make a comment like that? Or do you just make dumb ass comments for no reason at all? Or maybe yer just fucking stupid?

What are you, AsItLies?

Twelve?

What about my reply would cause you to make a comment like that? Or do you just make dumb ass comments for no reason at all? Or maybe yer just fucking stupid?

Think OM was trying to say that he thought it was a rather immature statement, and altho I tend to agree with you............there is a difference between what we would like to do and what we can do.

Besides bet that 9 holds more than 12 rounds. :p

What are you, AsItLies?

Twelve?

Think OM was trying to say that he thought it was a rather immature statement, and altho I tend to agree with you............there is a difference between what we would like to do and what we can do.

Besides bet that 9 holds more than 12 rounds. :p
Well all I can say is if you can't distinguish between someone expressing their disgust for killing innocent people on motorcycles and someone being ignorant of the law and what their actions would result in...

then shut the **** up and ask first before posting stupid fucking idiot comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.