OEM heated grips.... Did I F*$K up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brap

Reaction score
I installed my heated grips tonight and while doing the wiring, the instructions said to "find" the black and gray plugs on the bike... my question- 'while up underneath, by the left front blinker, I found 2 plugs- same shape as the grip plugs, but they are both black. I used them and I'm hoping it was right. Haven't had a chance to try them out, but just thought I'd ask...

Any help is appreciated!

brap

I've done this twice, both times the plugs were both black, and I didn't worry about which side was which. Works fine, both grips get warm :)

Stop worrying, start riding :)

Oh man!!! He had to go an mention heated grips. :twitchsmile:

I'm thinking you didn't f*$k it up this bad...

The Willie F Dumbass Award

Now I need to go and have another Crown Royal and try to forget. :drinks:

Thanks a bunch. :angry2:

Thanks for the peace of mind BrettB! I would like to ad that the Yamaha mounting instructions kinda sucked... It kept saying to refer to the service manual for direction, but the f'ing service manual doesn't address adding heated grips to a 1300A. you gotta figure it out yourself and while it's not brain surgery, it could have been an easier process with only a few more instructions.

OK- rant over. Can't wait for the constant rain to stop so I can get out and try these grips!