OEM Style Electrical connectors site

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reminder. This info/company has been floating around the forum for years. I've placed several orders with them, solid company.

Nice. I only wish Yamaha used WEATHER proof connectors on ALL of the harness.

Many under the tank, under T-bar are not. Water coming through the radiator, or from washing bike can allow water into those areas.

Never had a problem, found a few were starting to corrode. GREEN, Copper turns green.

Cleaned everything with battery terminal cleaner and soft wire brush. Grease connectors and reassemble.

Sooner or later something would have failed! 05 GEN I

Nice. I only wish Yamaha used WEATHER proof connectors on ALL of the harness.Many under the tank, under T-bar are not. Water coming through the radiator, or from washing bike can allow water into those areas.

Never had a problem, found a few were starting to corrode. GREEN, Copper turns green.

Cleaned everything with battery terminal cleaner and soft wire brush. Grease connectors and reassemble.

Sooner or later something would have failed! 05 GEN I
My old 04 (same as yours), had the main connector, under the tank, turn green and cause issues (common for the Gen I).

It was under warranty, Yamaha couldn't find it, I found it after checking on this forum.

Cleaned and put some dielectric grease in the connector (recommended) and you'll be good indefinitely with that connector..