OFFICIAL LAUNCH - WFO-8 WEB SITE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Could be a "cooker" though?
In case of fires, will oxygen be available?

Maybe... just maybe?
Idaho on fire is much prettier than California on fire. The smoke and flame contrasts better with the black pine and Tamaracks than Santa Ana oaks. :)

Mother Nature notwithstanding Moscow tends to be a little cooler and is a great gateway into the even cooler mountain passes.

First batch of confirmation e-mails are away! I show three people signed up, but haven't paid via PayPal.

If somebody misses that step PLEASE don't re-register. Just send your $140 (or multiple of it) to [email protected].

Idaho on fire is much prettier than California on fire. The smoke and flame contrasts better with the black pine and Tamaracks than Santa Ana oaks. :)
No doubt! and it seems most summers you can expect to at least a few and maybe hundreds of fires on a good ride. last year rode through literally hundreds ...kept the sky nice -not like those SoCA fires.
note hazy (smoke) sky here in Hells Canyon (heading toward the dam)

08idaho.JPG

...and one of countless fires -after the first dozen or so we quit even taking the time to snap pics.

08idaho%20(1).JPG

And I now have my room. Yahoooooo!
Me just did the same. I requested as far from you as possible. Last time when we were motel-room-neighbors, I happen to recall a bit of high-octane mischief going on. :)
Idaho is such a groovy spot -this is gunna be some great fun!!

Hmmm...yet another reason to head to Idaho. Might be nice to watch another state burn for a change. :dribble:

Just got my room this morning,, :yahoo: I am in. I am really looking forward to not just the rally but the ride out and back also.

Mac

Signed up and room booked. Should be more fun than the last time. My bride says she is going to ride her bike this year. :yahoo:

[SIZE=8pt]If this is the wrong place to post such invaluable information, feel free to move it[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Very excited to spend some time in Idaho -the more I've been there the more I like it ....so I've dug up a few facts that might be interesting to others:[/SIZE]

HellsCanyon.jpg

1.) Hells Canyon is deeper than the Grand Canyon

2.) Bear Lake has a serpent like monster in it and those with smarts avoid night fishing here. [SIZE=8pt](very similar to the Lockness Monster in Scotland)[/SIZE]

3.) Highway 12 follows the Lewis and Clark Trail and is the longest highway within a national forest in the nation.

4.) The port of Lewiston is actually a Seaport -if you want to ship something overseas by boat. [SIZE=10pt](who woulda thunk?)[/SIZE]

5.) Shashone Falls drops 52feet further than Niagra Falls.

6.) The Salmon River is the nation's longest free-flowing river that heads and flows within a single state.

Finally, to keep you all out of trouble, here are some Idaho-Specific laws to obey:

- Illegal to fish from a giraffe's back, or camel's back in Idaho.

- Illegal to ride a merry-go-round on Sunday

- [SIZE=18pt]Illegal to ride a motorcycle if you are over the age of 88 [/SIZE]Which I suppose means about half of you old phucks will trailer in from the state line.

[SIZE=12pt]- Safe to have Sex in Coeur d'Alene. -Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait proximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I hope you all find this Idaho specific info helpful for a grand time at WFO[/SIZE]

2.) Bear Lake has a serpent like monster in it and those with smarts avoid night fishing here. (very similar to the Lockness Monster in Scotland)
6.) The Salmon River is the nation's longest free-flowing river that heads and flows within a single state.
OK, tell me about the fishing. Is "this" THE TIME of year for Idaho trout?

God D--n fishing pole is a (binomial nomenclature = @#$-*%!) "hassle" to pack and ride with.

Does the motel have kitchenettes?

Yes, I am a sportsman, & a "curious" sort.

[- Safe to have Sex in Coeur d'Alene. -Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait proximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.

What if you're a police officer having sex? If it is taking place, do I have to come up from behind?

Okay, that was bad and totally out of character. I'm ashamed, but couldn't resist.

:pig_ball: