OFFICIAL LAUNCH - WFO-8 WEB SITE!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a little off topic, but relative to Spud's Idaho time zone observation, ...a fun trivia question would be: "In which west coast state is it possible to be just one hour later than in which east coast state?" Answer: Oregon & Florida. Near where Idaho does just the opposite, the eastern edge of Oregon overlaps the line into Mountain Time [same as most of Idaho], ...and the tip of Florida's panhandle crosses the line into Central Time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little off topic, but relative to Spud's Idaho time zone observation, ...a fun trivia question would be: "In which west coast state is it possible to be just one hour later than in which east coast state?" Answer: Oregon & Florida. Near where Idaho does just the opposite, the eastern edge of Oregon overlaps the line into Mountain Time [same as most of Idaho], ...and the tip of Florida's panhandle crosses the line into Central Time.
Well now you've given everyone the answer. So much for that game.

Well now you've given everyone the answer. So much for that game.
yeah, ...guess I coulda made it a little more interesting huh?

It's just snowing like mad out here in Idaho today. And I thought I'd go riding this weekend

:angry:

Since getting my bike February 28 it's been days few and far between that I can get any miles in. The good news is, it should be nice and green with rivers flowing full capacity by the time we head for Moscow.

Oh well, off to Targhee for one last snowboarding trip this coming Saturday--50 new inches of snow up there in the last 6 days! This Global Warming really sucks!

Unfortunately this falls on the same dates as Sportbike/Sport Tour Northwest :( Made plans to attend that already. See y'all in Canada though!

It's just snowing like mad out here in Idaho today. And I thought I'd go riding this weekend :angry:

Since getting my bike February 28 it's been days few and far between that I can get any miles in. The good news is, it should be nice and green with rivers flowing full capacity by the time we head for Moscow.

Oh well, off to Targhee for one last snowboarding trip this coming Saturday--50 new inches of snow up there in the last 6 days! This Global Warming really sucks!

Hey Spud, You ever run into a big guy in his 60s snowboarding over there at Targhee, goes by the name of Paco [John Serna] from over here in Bend? He goes over there pretty frequently to board, ...he's my best [m/c] ridin' Bud!

Unfortunately this falls on the same dates as Sportbike/Sport Tour Northwest :( Made plans to attend that already. See y'all in Canada though!
I think that starts a few days earlier, doesn't it? I'm planning on attending both.

I think that starts a few days earlier, doesn't it? I'm planning on attending both.
SBNW is 29 July to 2 August.
Yes, you're right. I asked w/o checking my calendar. I see now that my tenative plan was to hit SBNW for two days, then continue on to WFO. It must have been that I figured SBNW would fall apart after I left... :rolleyes:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Just signed up. The wife and I will be headed up for the fun. Holy shit, it is 1283 miles from my house to the hotel. I'm gonna burn through a set of tires on this trip. Now we just gotta get our confirmation number for our hotel room.

I do have a serious question though: My wife is going to have to fly home. We can't both be away from our three little ones for an entire week, and she can't ride the Feejer home, so I need to get her to an airport on Sunday the 2nd. Anyone know where she will have to fly from?

AND if anyone wants to meet on the way up there, we will probably head west to Gallup NM, and then north to Utah, through Salt Lake City and then into Idaho through Boise to Moscow. You can see our route if you map from Albuquerque to Moscow, but you probably already knew that.

HRZ

It's definitely Spokane. My wifes family lives in Pullman and has done it many times. Nice airport, easy in and out.

Thanks for the input, and Spud for the PM. I guess it's either going to be Spokane or Boise. Spokane is 80 more miles north, but then I can start heading home through Missoula and Butte before I take the serious turn south into Utah. I'm thinking that would be a really nice ride, and since I'm already in the area...

If I take her to Boise, it's 300 miles from Moscow, but I'm headed home. I donno what the fun in that would be, but we will see what my time restrictions are. I'm thinking I'll have all I need, but we'll see.

This will be, by far, the longest trip I have ever taken on my MC, and especially alone for the ride home. Gonna have to do some planning. Sheesh.

So how's registration coming on this? I'd like to make it, but the summer's plans are still unsettled. Wondering if it's getting close to capacity, how many already registered, hotel capacity, etc. Nothing in the "players" tab on the official website yet, no recent mentions here that I can find. Thanks.

I just signed up this week. I received e mail stating rooms were going fast. I now have a room confirmed.

hope to see you in Moscow.

So how's registration coming on this? I'd like to make it, but the summer's plans are still unsettled. Wondering if it's getting close to capacity, how many already registered, hotel capacity, etc. Nothing in the "players" tab on the official website yet, no recent mentions here that I can find. Thanks.
Well, the WFO registration fee is non-refundable, but that's all you are risking. You can always cancel the hotel if you can't attend.

Thanks for the input, and Spud for the PM. I guess it's either going to be Spokane or Boise. Spokane is 80 more miles north, but then I can start heading home through Missoula and Butte before I take the serious turn south into Utah. I'm thinking that would be a really nice ride, and since I'm already in the area...
If I take her to Boise, it's 300 miles from Moscow, but I'm headed home. I donno what the fun in that would be, but we will see what my time restrictions are. I'm thinking I'll have all I need, but we'll see.

This will be, by far, the longest trip I have ever taken on my MC, and especially alone for the ride home. Gonna have to do some planning. Sheesh.
I think she will have to go Spokane/Phoenix/Alber...however you spell your town. Boise airport would be a waste of a great opportunity to see northwestern Montana.

I think she will have to go Spokane/Phoenix/Alber...however you spell your town. Boise airport would be a waste of a great opportunity to see northwestern Montana.
Yes, that was my thought exactly. I don't have to be home within a certian time limit, so I think I'm gonna take my time and hit some good roads.