Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Abercrombie, you're about to get a marriage proposal from Beemerdons. Typical FF garb.
Just keep it up 'Zilla, Papa Chuy and Old Michael have two dozen photos of you wearing women's lingerie! Do you want us to release them all at once, or once a month for the next 24 months! jes' sayin' and nuff said, SEXY!
Nooo...please don't subject us to that.
fotoflexer_photo_zpse62301ae.jpg

BeemerdonsVilla2_zps52cd1f41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SW-FOG 2015 / Kanab, UT Attendance Roster on 12/31. If attending and not on this list contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666

"Maybes" List:

Bustanut joker

101stpathfinder - Tony

Longrider - Bruce W.

John Y. and Isa

MCRIDER007

Intech and Spanky

gregory

bigjohnsd and Festar

0Face-Marty

Iris and Jim

griff

Abercrombie FJR

pegscraper and MsNASCAR

101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony

HelzBelz

Zbear

Fly Bye

KiloWatts

blufjr - Ken

Back Road Bob

Cooleyman - Dave

BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
R Price
Spud
Panman
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
SacramentoMike
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

Looks like we will be taking over southern Utah!
punk.gif
+10, Double Gunny! JSNS, PARTY! The Treasure Trail Motel and the Best Western Kanab are now "Sold Out", so you may consider one of these other motels:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/holiday-inn-express-and-suites-kanab-kanab?page_src=best_of_yelp Holiday Inn Kanab got GREAT reviews here, same price as Best Western.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/victorian-inn-kanab-2?page_src=best_of_yelp The Victorian Inn got FANTASTIC reviews, but is is also very expensive.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/quail-park-lodge-kanab-3?page_src=best_of_yelp Quail Park Lodge is priced very close to Treasure Trail, with good reviews!

https://www.royalinnkanab.com Good Advice and Thanks Steve, book the Royal Inn then cancel if more suitable lodgings open up! JSNS!

From "griff", riding to SW-FOG 2015 from Indiana: "I booked by phone with the Royal Inn (1-435-644-5373). "Harry" said the reservation was for two nights, but he would extend it to the third night (Saturday) when I check in. Hmm - I wonder about that. $59/night for two double beds. I noticed a place called the Parry Inn? in Kanab that looked interesting. Anyone know about this place. About 1/4 mi from the main venue." https://www.parrylodge.com

I have questions about the SWFOG

"Is there a formal Banquet/dinner going on (similar to the EOM)?
Jim and I are thinking that we would arrive on Thursday and head out on Sat. (5/30). We didn't want to leave if there is a dinner planned/reserved.

We would like to see the two places you mentioned on your post (I think it was the North Rim & then lunch). Are there downloadable routes planned for this already? Is everyone going to pick from a list of routes that will be available or are we going to make up our own routes? Do you have a plan of perhaps leading this particular route on a particular day?
I'm thinking we would like to do this on Friday (5/29). Maybe there would be less of a crowd than on Saturday?

Sorry if you already mentioned these things on your post and if I am making you repeat yourself. I was trying to keep up ;-)"
Iris and Jim, we Stanley Boys would be glad to lead you to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on Friday, May 29. The GC North Rim is the most Scenic, we would have lunch at the Historical Lodge! AJ and I have finally given up on an established Banquet for SW-FOG, too many no-shows! Everyone teams up to eat with Riding Buds, less Muss and Fuss!

".................we Stanley Boys would be glad to lead you to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on Friday, May 29. The GC North Rim is the most Scenic, we would have lunch at the Historical Lodge! AJ and I have finally given up on an established Banquet for SW-FOG, too many no-shows! Everyone teams up to eat with Riding Buds, less Muss and Fuss!.............."

That sounds great!

".................we Stanley Boys would be glad to lead you to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on Friday, May 29. The GC North Rim is the most Scenic, we would have lunch at the Historical Lodge! AJ and I have finally given up on an established Banquet for SW-FOG, too many no-shows! Everyone teams up to eat with Riding Buds, less Muss and Fuss!.............."
That sounds great!

Don, I'm planning on following the Stanley boys on that Friday.
If you don't want to get lost and miss the Lodge, then don't let Don get out out of sight since making that one right turn exit at Jacob Lake can be tricky.
smile.png

I've been to the North Rim before, but I may want to see it again. There is so much to see in that part of the country, and most of it is worth more than one visit, that no one will be bored.

PLEASE NOTE: Papa Chuy Viejo DOES NOT do GPS, "El Trabajo del Diablo" (the Work of the Devil, ese!). If someone wants to take on the task of preparing downloadable GPS Routes for Fancy FJR Folks too damn lazy to read Maps, it would be very much appreciated! jes' sayin' and nuff said, GPS my fat Irish Ass!

Wait a second!!! You are IRISH??? All this time you were speaking Spanish so well, I thought you were just a pale native of New Mexico. Your broken English made me think it was your second language!!! Then again, your irrational affection for sheep makes more sense now.

Just messing with you. Btw, thank u for keeping the board entertaining. Still hoping to make it out to the event. Praying for no snow days. You could put me on the "Maybe" list.

If u are offended, Zilla made me say it!! Just saying not saying.

I'll watch for Papa Chuey and the right turn but I'm sure he is faster than I. I May have a hard time keep

Ing up if my experience in trying to keep up with this bunch at the Sparks shindig is any indication. JSNS

I ride my own pace, just ask Festar, he's always waiting for me :)

In the past, Don and others have identified day rides for Fri. and Sat. that someone will lead, but it isn't necessary to ride in the group and you may ride anywhere you like. In the past I have always enjoyed the group destinations, assuming they know better than me as to where to go, but have also ridden with those that take their own routes and ride at their own pace. The last time we rode to the Grand Canyon from Page their must have been 4 or 5 groupings of bikes doing the same ride. That was good as it allowed everyone to find a group that worked for them. If you are in a fast group, all you had to do was drop back. In a slow group, pass and go forward. The G.C. was easy as their is like only one road(s) to take.

I would suggest a day ride to Bryce Canyon and on to Grand Staircase N.M. and Boulder for lunch. Great restaurant there. Total of 336 miles.

I'll watch for Papa Chuey and the right turn but I'm sure he is faster than I. I May have a hard time keep Ing up if my experience in trying to keep up with this bunch at the Sparks shindig is any indication. JSNS I ride my own pace, just ask Festar, he's always waiting for me
smile.png
Good, after the right turn watch your speed. The Dep. is usually hidden somewhere along the road and many have help support the County.

Longrider

aka Slowrider

In the past, Don and others have identified day rides for Fri. and Sat. that someone will lead, but it isn't necessary to ride in the group and you may ride anywhere you like. In the past I have always enjoyed the group destinations, assuming they know better than me as to where to go, but have also ridden with those that take their own routes and ride at their own pace. The last time we rode to the Grand Canyon from Page their must have been 4 or 5 groupings of bikes doing the same ride. That was good as it allowed everyone to find a group that worked for them. If you are in a fast group, all you had to do was drop back. In a slow group, pass and go forward. The G.C. was easy as their is like only one road(s) to take.
Excellent Advice Ken H., Real Words of Wisdom here my Fine FJR Forum Friends! Thank You, blufjr has expertly described how the SW-FOG Group rides function. JSNS!

I would suggest a day ride to Bryce Canyon and on to Grand Staircase N.M. and Boulder for lunch. Great restaurant there. Total of 336 miles.
Ken H. you have done SW-FOG so many times that you are now reading my mind, blufjr this is exactly the group ride that we are doing on Saturday 5/30. Miss Donna will be riding our FJR with me on this day, Son Seth is going to stay back in Kanab and take photographs with his new Nikon Camera he got for his Birthday. Seth is really amazing me with his photographic skills, he really does have an artistic eye with his Camera! JSNS!