Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I rode in that part of Utah I saw more cattle on the road than any other animal. Open range is marked with signs and there are cattle guards on the road which keep the cattle in their areas and also serve to let you know that you are crossing into open range. The cattle seem to like to stand on the roads in the evening where the asphalt gives back the heat it collected during the day.

The last time I rode in that part of Utah I saw more cattle on the road than any other animal. Open range is marked with signs and there are cattle guards on the road which keep the cattle in their areas and also serve to let you know that you are crossing into open range. The cattle seem to like to stand on the roads in the evening where the asphalt gives back the heat it collected during the day.
Nevada is like that too. I wondered why I would see memorial crosses along the wide open road where people died in a car accident. I asked a local about why folks were crashing on open stretches of road? His reply was "it's really hard to see a black steer standing on a black road at night"
uhoh.gif

PS I believe you are responsible for the cost of the animal if you hit it. Bummer

Last edited by a moderator:
Mule dear are a real hazard just before and after sunset and just before and after sunrise. They are especially bad in the twisties around blind corners. It's not a good idea to be cranking it at those hours out West. If you have ever hit one and survived you know what I mean.

Oh and if you hit a black cow it might be you that ends up in the freezer---if you know what I mean.

Silver Streak, I wouldn't mind hooking up with you again somewhere in Western Co when you come West, let me know.

Nevada is like that too. I wondered why I would see memorial crosses along the wide open road where people died in a car accident. I asked a local about why folks were crashing on open stretches of road? His reply was "it's really hard to see a black steer standing on a black road at night"
uhoh.gif

PS I believe you are responsible for the cost of the animal if you hit it. Bummer
Free range sheep were the issue when riding the highlands of Scotland.

uhoh.gif

Free range sheep were the issue when riding the highlands of Scotland.
Remember that cow in the road last year Bob?

"Maybes" List:
Bustanut joker
101stpathfinder - Tony
Panman

In list:

FJRAY and Mrs?

Mr & the lovely Mrs. Bug
Mohawk
SIlver Streak-El Ray
Gordie Thomas
phroenips and Shaun
James
Longrider - Bruce W
Morecowbell
bikerskier
John Y. and Isa
MCRIDER007
Intech and Spanky
gregory
bigjohnsd and Festar
0Face-Marty
Iris
Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN
griff
Abercrombie FJR
pegscraper and MsNASCAR
101stpathfinder and Mrs. Tony
HelzBelz
Zbear
Fly Bye
KiloWatts
blufjr - Ken
Back Road Bob
Cooleyman - Dave
BeemerDonS
Miss Donna
Seth S.
Smokeball
Bob Flanders
AZgman
Mudslide Miller
Dashbaw
Big D.
Chris M.
stealth1
HotRodZilla
GalaxyBlue
zzzzip - Skip
Bokerfork
Old Michael
Yatzee426
erixun
TheZsdad
petey
Geezer
BwanaDik and Bambi
LCB
weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
R Price
Spud
Thingfish - Paul
Tucson Joe and Cec
Tyler
twisted cricket
NMRoadRunner

OMG - It took me 2.5 hours to plow through these #535 posts! What a saga!

Is anyone planning on riding down to Cedar via Salt Lake City? Just curious.

As much as I wanted to get out to this part of the country, I am 99% out on this awesome adventure.

We took another snow/cold day last week and that means we will be going to school til June 1st. Yes, I could take those days off, but they would kinda frown upon a teacher skipping out on Semester Exams to go on motorcycle trip. I was really looking forward to such amazing scenery and a place I had never been. Later in the summer does not sound good because of the heat.

I wish you all the best riding and weather possible out there. PLUS, I heard a rumor Don is gonna be riding around in Zilla's side car.(Okay, I made that one up) That would be awesome to see.

OMG - It took me 2.5 hours to plow through these #535 posts! What a saga! Is anyone planning on riding down to Cedar via Salt Lake City? Just curious.
That's SOP for these events... 10% info, 90% bs...
laugh.png
Welcome aboard, Lydia... looking forward to see you there!
cool.png

Yes, I could take those days off, but they would kinda frown upon a teacher skipping out on Semester Exams to go on motorcycle trip.

What better lesson to teach that life is important and live it to the fullest??
biggrin.png

Is anyone planning on riding down to Cedar via Salt Lake City? Just curious.
Yep, kind of sord of. I live north of Salt Lake City and have been planning on attending the event. However I plan on taking a 'non-direct' route to the event. I was leaning towards more or less following this route: https://goo.gl/maps/X2Xhw. Also I have not decided if I want to do that route all on the 28th or leave on the 27th and stay overnight somewhere along the route. If I leave on the 27th and stay somewhere overnight (Most likely Torrey) that would leave me some more riding time to add some other miles in. Such as this: https://goo.gl/maps/EKnzD Cuz' Hwy 12 and 14 are fun roads and are not to be missed if you have the chance! (So is 143 above 14)

But I have not decided yet.