Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea it sure is. I wonder who I can blame for the knee?
Didn't HotRodZilla glance at your knee on the Colorado Ride? As muy feo (very ugly!) as El Pendejo Grande (the Big Asshole!) is, AJ probably broke your knee with his face ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, aye!

DSCF0624-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea it sure is. I wonder who I can blame for the knee?
Didn't HotRodZilla glance at your knee on the Colorado Ride? As muy feo (very ugly!) as El Pendejo Grande (the Big Asshole!) is, AJ probably broke your knee with his face ese! jes' sayin' and nuff said, aye!

[img=[URL="https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/July%202014/DSCF0624-2.jpg%5D"]https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/July%202014/DSCF0624-2.jpg][/URL]
Keep it up jackass and I'm gonna break your face with my knee. A role reversal of sorts. Kind of like when you make Bust wear the dress. :****:

I am IN for this. Thingfish is trying to convince me to trailer out so we won't have to ride across Kansas, but I am resisting. Anyway, we'll probably both be out there for this one.

That would be great to see you and Paul again.
+1, Gunny; looking forward to seeing you two, no damn shame trailering across the FUCKING FLAT States! Riding the Escalante Staircase will put a smile on your faces! JSNS!

Count me in.

I am very disappointed that I had to cancel the Western Round Up, but I am not going to miss this one, come hell or high water.

I do have a 2015 calendar and it is marked.
Great news Fly Bye, right now I'm looking at our staying at Best Western in Kanab, UT. Wait for me to make my reservation first, then I'll post up all details.

https://www.bestwesternredhills.com https://www.rockingvcafe.com

Two advantages to the Red Hills Best Western: 1) The BW is pet friendly, so marcusorelius can bring our FJR Forum Mascot Duchess with him and Bustanut joker can have his favorite sheep with him! 2) It is right across the street from the Rocking V Cafe, which has a liquor license (extremely rare in Utah, ese!).

tilt-side-sign.jpg
Yes, this is what we do when we pass thru there. The A/C in the room was loud but the pool was really nice!

Question to Organizers. Why Best Wester at about 120/night vs the Days Inn at 48/night?
Brother Ken, you're certainly more than welcome to stay at the Days Inn Kanab. As Senior Project Manager for Metro Mechanical Inc. in Phoenix we did work in Kanab, when you have Pipefitters telling you they'll never stay at the Days Inn ever again you know you have a dump of a hotel. I booked my MMI Fitters at the Best Western to have a content and rested work force! Here are just a few of the many and constant complaints against the Days Inn Kanab, Utah:

• < >“Taken for a ride!”
    Jul 12, 2014 Gregory Bittick, Phoenix, ArizonaQuoted a price, a total price of $89.14. Imagine my surprise hours and hundred of miles later when I finally examined my receipt and saw I had been charged over $20 more! more »
  • < >
    TA_2.0.gif
    “Not worth the money”
    Jul 07, 2014 Kyley Segers, KanabOverall kinda gross, things broken in every room (tried three rooms, experienced a broken door, broken AC, and broken fridge). Doors were left open during breakfast and birds ... more »
  • < >
    TA_2.0.gif
    “Poor condition. FILTHY hallways and stairways. rooms were...”
    Jul 02, 2014 Kimberlee A, KanabPoor condition. FILTHY hallways and stairways. rooms were clean enough but the beds were horribly broken down, main areas were filthy, breakfast room was in poor condition a... more »
  • < >
    TA_3.0.gif
    “Left hungry”
    Jun 25, 2014 Andrea L, KanabBreakfast was 6-9 we came in about 8 and they were out of milk for cereal and out of pastries, very pick over, more
  • < >
    TA_3.0.gif
    “Kanab trip 2014”
    Jun 23, 2014 Pam S, Otis Orchards, WashingtonWhen we first checked in our room was inadequate, so we went back to the front desk to share our dissatisfaction & the front desk made it right for us. We were very pleased ab... more »
  • < >
    TA_1.0.gif
    “Skip This Location”
    Jun 22, 2014 A Tripadvisor Member, KanabMildew on a washable shower curtain & tears in the screen, and noisy. Oh, and did we mention rude desk staff? Yeah, try another place. more »

I think I am going to try and make this one as well, if you will have me, sounds fun, and its 'local'.

I am also planning on attempting a 50CC right before this, so I need to get my finances and time off straight. Overtime shifts during the winter here I come.

Man the Misses is running out of kitchen passes.... need to figure something out.

I think I am going to try and make this one as well, if you will have me, sounds fun, and its 'local'.
I am also planning on attempting a 50CC right before this, so I need to get my finances and time off straight. Overtime shifts during the winter here I come.

Man the Misses is running out of kitchen passes.... need to figure something out.
Hi erixun, BeemerDonS is very glad to know you can make SW-FOG 2015. If your rides take you to Kanab, could you please check out the Holiday Inn Express for us. I've previously stayed at the Red Hills Best Western and I know it's neat and clean, I'm also sadly familiar with the Days Inn and I wouldn't let my dog Oso stay at that hotel! JSNS!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57030-d1026882-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Hotel_Suites_Kanab-Kanab_Utah.html

Hi erixun, BeemerDonS is very glad to know you can make SW-FOG 2015. If your rides take you to Kanab, could you please check out the Holiday Inn Express for us. I've previously stayed at the Red Hills Best Western and I know it's neat and clean, I'm also sadly familiar with the Days Inn and I wouldn't let my dog Oso stay at that hotel! JSNS!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g57030-d1026882-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Hotel_Suites_Kanab-Kanab_Utah.html
I know someone who has a sister who lives in Kanab- I will try and get some details. And maybe a ride down to Kanab should be in order reconnoiter... its only about 300 miles away from me.

I know someone who has a sister who lives in Kanab- I will try and get some details. And maybe a ride down to Kanab should be in order reconnoiter... its only about 300 miles away from me.
Many thanks erixun, even our own HotRodZilla - AJ can ride 300 miles! MAYBE!!! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

Many thanks erixun, even our own HotRodZilla - AJ can ride 300 miles! MAYBE!!! jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!
We have a couple of Forum members that live a lot closer to Kanab. Flagstaff lives in Hurricane, UT and Stealth1, who was at Sparks, lives in Cedar City.

So I asked my friend about the Holiday Inn express, he said he has stayed there before and would recommend it, said the staff was nice and the place was very clean as it is a newer hotel.

He is also going to call his sister in law that lives in Kanab and check with her, as maybe the locals know something we don't. Like it was built over an Indian burial ground and anyone who stays there gets possessed by evil spirits and then buys a Hardley or something.

But as it stands now, information I have is that it is a 'good to go' place.

Still think I will take a day next month and go for a ride to see for myself, just as good as an excuse as any to go for a ride.

And what was wrong with the Best Western??
Absolutely nothing at all AJ, in my not so humble opinion the Red Hills BW is still the #1 hotel of choice. The Holiday Inn Express is newer, so if erixun and/or Stealth1 will check them both out for us in the next few months we will then make our decision. JSNS!