oh this is so cool...powered deer avoidance system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]Have they got a model for [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]ELK[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]?[/SIZE]
Yes, it's made by Remington and comes in 7mm Mag.

All of these deer whistles, including the Hornet and other electronic ones are BS. It's based on the placebo effect as much as anything else.

I've got some Comet Avoidance Nectar for sale.

After drinking it, it will render you immune to Comet Strikes for one year. The initial doze is large and expensive ($500), but that is required for complete innoculation, and includes the cost of attaching our distribution center to your plumbing. Thereafter a $50 annual maintenance fee will ensure you live a Comet-free existance.

We have a Double Your Money Back Gaurantee if you ever get hit by a Comet. However, there has not been a single claim made yet, and the fact that I am sitting here, typing this, after many years without getting hit by a Comet, is proof that it works!

Gets yours now - (I accept Paypal, please allow 7 days for service to start).

ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

I think someone had a pair of those installed on their bike at a Gerlach event. It was annoying as hell. I can't say if they work or not, but I'd hate to have to listen to them while riding.

I like the last guy in the video who's felt safe ever since... in his t-shirt and jeans; sans helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best method to prevent deer encounters is to always carry a rifle, your hunting license, gutting knife, and drag rope, wear blaze orange.

At least, this always works during hunting season.

The latest Motorcycle Consumer News has a small bit about the Hornet. They're looking for feedback to determine if it has any effect. FYI.

And there-in lies the problem:

You can not make any sort of accurate conclusions on the effectiveness (or ineffectiveness) of something based only on anecdotal evidence.

That is the primary reason that we continue to have so many oil and tire (and deer whistle) threads. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: