One tough machine !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, OK, you rode through a mule dear, put the bike back togther with duct tape, and continued on a 4000 mile ride.
That's pretty impressive , I salute you! :pioneer:
+1, and like someone else wrote, welcome to the club nobody wants to join.

When I killed a bambi with my Ducati, I kept it up, came to a stop like you did to collect myself, and then nearly let the bike fall over as the adrenaline jitters turned my legs to jelly.

Glad you are ok and got to finish your ride. I just recently had something jump out in front of me but I live in NY so as you can guess it was a 93 year old lady driving a Honda accord.! :angry2: Vstrom needs some minor work and I am home for a month with a seperated shoulder but since everything happens for a reason I had lots of time to research (have spent hours on this board) all the potential bikes and have decided on the FJR. :D Hope to be riding one by the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everywhere I ride is deer country. I've just resolved to slow down, scan constantly and cover my brake. I sometimes imagine what it would be like to ride out of city limits and not have to worry about it.

I finished the 4,000+ miles-in-7 day ride, and made it to Desert Valley Power Sports in Prosser, WA where I dropped it off for major repairs.
WOW, OK, you rode through a mule dear, put the bike back togther with duct tape, and continued on a 4000 mile ride.

That's pretty impressive , I salute you! :pioneer:

I doubt it was really that big a deal.....he probably HAD to finish the ride becuase he couldn't pull the seat out of his a$$, what with the pucker factor of seeing it coming and all..... :lol:

Seriously...glad you're OK, and that the bike will also be good as new soon!

Ray