Opinions please...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Gentlemen, (and ladies of course)...thinking of spicing up the feej a bit and had some time on my hands to play around with photoshop today. I'm not a photoshop expert by any means so please don't judge the work. Just looking for thumbs up/thumbs down on the idea of the scheme. Also I have a friend who could do it with vinyl wrap so if I didn't like it actually on the bike, I could remove it. This guy does Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc., etc.

Link

Thanks!

b

I like it a lot. And since I probably won't do it myself (since my tank is covered by a bagster), I'll put an idea I've had out for the world to scoff at. (On the tank, of course.)

flying_tigers_pensacola_2__web.jpg

And speaking of it, would somebody with Photoshop skills be kind enough to merge that logo onto an FJR for me? I'd love to see it. (A blue FJR, though.) ;)

By the way, if your buddy makes yours in vinyl (and I'm sure getting the pattern would be the hard part--changing colors should be a breeze), bet there'd be some interest here on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. I actually just pulled my plastics to do something very, very similar. I'm going to be doing my own painting, but I have had success in the past, so hopefully it turns out good.

Gentlemen, (and ladies of course)...thinking of spicing up the feej a bit and had some time on my hands to play around with photoshop today. I'm not a photoshop expert by any means so please don't judge the work. Just looking for thumbs up/thumbs down on the idea of the scheme. Also I have a friend who could do it with vinyl wrap so if I didn't like it actually on the bike, I could remove it. This guy does Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc., etc.

Link

Thanks!

b
Looks pretty nice. Just curious how it would look if you also did the "FJR" side panels in the black wrap?

Nice looking.

Always wanted a bike with WW II nose art. A friend had a BMW GT 1300 done and it was awesome.

Thanks all for your time and input. I've sent these guys the images and they are going to take a day or two play around with them. I did another one...same scheme but with a subtle blood red pinstripe. Looks pretty cool (at least I think so.) I'm anxious to see what the vinyl guys come up with.

There's guy in our area that does carbon fiber looking film on car hoods. Makes it look like you have the real thing. I wonder what that would look like on the FJR? It may also add the protection you get by putting that protective 3M film on your paint job. I'm going to look into it and see what he charges.

There's guy in our area that does carbon fiber looking film on car hoods. Makes it look like you have the real thing. I wonder what that would look like on the FJR? It may also add the protection you get by putting that protective 3M film on your paint job. I'm going to look into it and see what he charges.
Now that would be cool in certain areas. My tank protector has the carbon fiber look.

There's an area at the base of the tank and front of the seat that I think should also be black. Then it would be a solid swath starting large in front and tapering down to the tail.

Could be different colors of contrast for different models. I like that black on silver! I have the Galaxy Blue though, and I'm not sure what color I might consider.