Original Grip Buddies install and brief review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the origional Puppies. I want NO seam on my throttle hand. A replacment every 2 yrs is worth the aggrivation of the install.

Dave, I got my grips put on today. They fit & feel great. I haven't had a chance to ride because of this tropical storm down here but I will shortly. I will let you know how they do. Thanks again.

Barry

I have a pair of grip puppies at home on the bench. Had no luck in getting them installed. Have ordered the grip buddies for ease of installation. Like that we have choices.

Don.

Well I tried.

Cut a good set of grip puppies of to install these.

Rode for a week and can not overcome the seam. It bothered me to no end. I wear MotorPort gloves and still feel the seam.

So I pulled them off, got the air compressor out and in 5 minuets had a new set of grip puppies back on.

Dave your customer service is great, and I think your product is a great idea, but just not for me.

It surely is a personal choice and what one can tolerate or how you feel the seam.

Again is was great to try your product and wish you well in your business.

I have a couple rides now with the grip buds. I don't notice the seam at all, and my large hands really like them. Major improvement in comfort. Thanks Dave!!

Well, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Installed correctly, the seam is practically invisible. I'm an extreme perfectionist and the seam doesn't bother me at all. As said before, to each his own. :)

Haven't tried the puppies at all but am very pleased with the Buddies ease of install and increased comfort over the stock grips. They're just too hard and small diameter wise.

Rock on Grip Buddies!

Dave, just got back from 1100 mile trip up the BlueRidge Parkway. Grips did great. I really like the extra cushiony effect. I can also attest to their rain usage, as I had to ride in the hardest rain I have ever ridden in. Another satisfied customer here!

Barry

I just happened on this post today, I was about to order some Grab On covers, but I placed my order for these today! I like the look of these mush better than the Grab On and I remember the foam drying out in short order. I'll post my thoughts on the Grip Buddies as soon as I get them.

Got my grip buddies today in the mail. Quick service Dave. :yahoo: I ordered a set for my 09 FJR and my friends brand new 2012 Ducati Multistrada. I can't wait to put them on tomorrow. I will report back. Hopefully it is as easy as everyone says. What's the best way to get the puppies off? razor? compressed air?? Thanks Dave!

Dave,

Having a problem with mine that I hope you can address. I'm sure others may experience this too as summer gets here. The past 4-5 days have been in the upper 90's with a couple of days past 100. The adhesive is no longer sticking. Both sides will just spin on the grips. Any ideas what type of adhesive I can use to reattach them to the grips?

Thanks!

OK, first I have to say that Dave is on top of it! I order mine on Friday and they were in my box on Monday morning. The instructions are about the best I've seen and installation took less than 10 minutes. They look and feel great, I haven't been on a ride yet, but I can tell that they will feel much better than the original grips. I'll post again after a ride.

Thanks again Dave, I like the personal touches! At least some people still know what customer service is!

This question was asked in a previous post but I never saw an answer or reply... how does the diameter of the buddies compare to the puppies, larger / smaller / about the same?

I have had puppies for three years and couldn't imagine running without them. I have seen those that discussed their various difficulties with installation. But I never have any trouble installing the puppies (have them on both my FJR and Strom and have installed a couple of pairs for others). I just rub a little dishwashing liquid on the inside of the puppies, wet them a little bit and they slide right on. Easy peasy. The suds eventually wear off or wash away. No issue.

Now, I'm not trying to take away from the Buddies. Dave's customer service is obviously top notch, everyone seems to be thrilled with the product and the fact they seem to work a little better with the heated grips just might be enough for me to give these a shot. But I would like to know how the diameter compares to the puppies. Those that have made the switch please post up.

This question was asked in a previous post but I never saw an answer or reply... how does the diameter of the buddies compare to the puppies, larger / smaller / about the same?

I have had puppies for three years and couldn't imagine running without them. I have seen those that discussed their various difficulties with installation. But I never have any trouble installing the puppies (have them on both my FJR and Strom and have installed a couple of pairs for others). I just rub a little dishwashing liquid on the inside of the puppies, wet them a little bit and they slide right on. Easy peasy. The suds eventually wear off or wash away. No issue.

Now, I'm not trying to take away from the Buddies. Dave's customer service is obviously top notch, everyone seems to be thrilled with the product and the fact they seem to work a little better with the heated grips just might be enough for me to give these a shot. But I would like to know how the diameter compares to the puppies. Those that have made the switch please post up.
eThe diameter is close to being the same with theses being a tad thicker. To really install the puppies easy use a air compressor and just blow them on in seconds. Really easy.

Dave's customer service is a rare find in this day and age for sure.

Dave,

Having a problem with mine that I hope you can address. I'm sure others may experience this too as summer gets here. The past 4-5 days have been in the upper 90's with a couple of days past 100. The adhesive is no longer sticking. Both sides will just spin on the grips. Any ideas what type of adhesive I can use to reattach them to the grips?

Thanks!
Yep, same here. So, what's the fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.