Palm and finger technique

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use index and middle to brake and ring and pinkie to throttle...been doing it for years.
2247302-plus1.gif

I think...It's gotten kinda instinctive....

And when you stop:

Left track of the lane (to enable left foot down, not in oil slick), in first gear, ready to book it. Right foot depressing rear brake, watching your six until a cage gets stopped behind you. Then, it's fairly safe to relax until the light turns green. Never sit around in neutral unless you're putting it onto the centerstand.

Well, I went on a 220 mile ride today and tried some of the suggestions. Of course I was smoothest when I didn't think about it and just reverted to muscle memory from the way I had been doing it. I guess that's what's really important - whatever works for you, as long as you're smooth and in control, is best.

Well, I went on a 220 mile ride today and tried some of the suggestions. Of course I was smoothest when I didn't think about it and just reverted to muscle memory from the way I had been doing it. I guess that's what's really important - whatever works for you, as long as you're smooth and in control, is best.

Must be a communist cause I'm left-handed

That's the hand I use

well never mind

B Dylan