• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you "Paid It Backwards"
It looks like playinatwork is the end of the line right now. If the lowering brackets worked out he owes a PIF. If not he should put the brackets back up for adoption.

I know this thing has become a little disorganized and people like to do what the like to do, but the only way it keeps going is if everyone offers up something in return for what they get.
It helps if folks would use the QUOTE button when posting. JSNS.

I have some MCL rider peg lowering brackets I'm not using. They were on my bike less than a month before I sold it. PM your address to me and I'll box them up and send them out.
I'd like to try those. If they don't work out I will put them right back up here. PM coming your way.
My bad that I didn't post a follow-up on the forum board. They are on the way to me, and same deal: if they don't work out then you're next in line.

So you "Paid It Backwards"
It looks like playinatwork is the end of the line right now. If the lowering brackets worked out he owes a PIF. If not he should put the brackets back up for adoption.

I know this thing has become a little disorganized and people like to do what the like to do, but the only way it keeps going is if everyone offers up something in return for what they get.
Bluesurf pm'd me before playinatwork replied so he got them. This paying it backward thing jumbled up the works. Sorry!

2005 FJR shop manual....has found a new owner.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres something that might be of some use to a Starcom user...

IMG_0893_zpssqwivzk5.jpg

I just removed this from one of my old helmets that didn't see much use at all. Looks like everything is there and in good shape. I have no use for it since I have been using a SENA for the past 5 years.

Yours for the price of postage.

Any takers?

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Last month I put on new tires before I left for Red Lodge. Even though the front tire only had about 7,000 miles on it I knew it would not last the whole trip. For some reason I brought it home and there it sits in the garage. It is a Michelin PR4 with just a slight bit of cupping. If you are local and need a front tire to get you to your next tire change it is yours for the taking!

It will be in the mail in the morning.
Brodie

smile.png
Thanks to Brodie's most generous offer, I have a lightly used WynPro Ram Bone GPS mount to offer up for adoption in the PIF tradition.

Fully functional with no problems other than a few scuff marks from use. If the scuffs bother you, a little scotchbright and elbow grease will restore it to like new. Comes with the 1" RAM ball attached to the top as shown below. See link above for how it works.

Note: It cannot be used with a HeliBar Riser Bridge, else I would still be using it.

(stock photo - mine has more scuffage)

100_4455_zps5dee653b.jpg

I'll take it, Fred. I'll spend the day figuring out what I'm going to offer up, and then post it either tonight or tomorrow....

Last month I put on new tires before I left for Red Lodge. Even though the front tire only had about 7,000 miles on it I knew it would not last the whole trip. For some reason I brought it home and there it sits in the garage. It is a Michelin PR4 with just a slight bit of cupping. If you are local and need a front tire to get you to your next tire change it is yours for the taking!
This might be good for our friend George. Seems like someone is always knocking on his tire changing door.

Ok, looks like I can't post pictures from my phone, so pics may have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm offering up a T-Rex front axle slider. It came with my engine and bag guards, and I don't plan on installing it.

Also offering a Roam phone mount, part # X000TSGHJR. Very limited mounting locations on the FJR.

Ok, looks like I can't post pictures from my phone, so pics may have to wait until tomorrow.
I'm offering up a T-Rex front axle slider. It came with my engine and bag guards, and I don't plan on installing it.

Also offering a Roam phone mount, part # X000TSGHJR. Very limited mounting locations on the FJR.
PM heading your way.

https://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=473

^Link for the front axle slider. Only difference is the one I have has a red metal disc on the end of the black puck.

https://www.amazon.com/Roam-Co-Pilot-Universal-Motorcycle-Handlebars/dp/B013MDDEDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1468922638&sr=1-1&keywords=Roam+Co-Pilot+Universal+Bike+Phone+Mount+holder+for+Motorcycle

^Link for phone mount.