• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Fred, I just unloaded the helmet listed directly above your post resurrecting this thread, and while that individual searches for a PIF item to list, I have come across another item suitable for PIF.

It's a new, in-the-bag face shield for an HJC Sy-Max helmet. (I no longer have my Sy-Max.) The dealer sticker on it says: Part# 59-850, HJ05 Clear Shield, Fits CS12/AC10/SYMAX/FG12, $24.95.

First PM who'll pay shipping gets it.

Thanks to Fred for re-opening this thread....special thanks to Craig for the kids helmet! :D

He was not only kind to PIF w/ the helmet, he waited almost a year to give it away. Then he offered to deliver it to me in Minneapolis ...in 96' heat! :swoon: Major Karma to Craig.

My PIF is a rear seat from a Gen 1 FJR. The front is gone, but have a half a saddle is available to anyone who needs it. OEM is in very good condition, (a few specs of something) w/ no rips or tears. Pics may follow, but you know what it looks like. LMK who needs it.

Thanks to Fred for re-opening this thread....special thanks to Craig for the kids helmet! :D

He was not only kind to PIF w/ the helmet, he waited almost a year to give it away. Then he offered to deliver it to me in Minneapolis ...in 96' heat! :swoon: Major Karma to Craig.

My PIF is a rear seat from a Gen 1 FJR. The front is gone, but have a half a saddle is available to anyone who needs it. OEM is in very good condition, (a few specs of something) w/ no rips or tears. Pics may follow, but you know what it looks like. LMK who needs it.
Interesting. I'm thinking a spare rear seat would be useful to cut away most of the padding and to use as a mounting location for extra gear and supplies carried on a long trip. Would make tying it down easier and more secure. Hmm, what do I have to pay forward? How about a your choice of a BRAND NEW set of Frog Toggs (sz. L), a BRAND NEW (bought 2 by mistake, size 12 x 12", correct for FJR front seat) Bead Rider, or a good condition but lightly-used Alaska Leather sheepskin seat pad--I think all are about equal in value and roughly equal value to the rear seat above. I also have a pair of saddlebag liners in good condition from my first FJR (wrecked) that aren't pictured. Those can be part of this group as well.

So how does it work--Roger just sends me the seat if I'm first in line for it, or does it wait 'till someone takes up my offer? And does everyone pay to ship his own item, so we only pay for that on one end? If the first, please PM me for shipping info, Roger. Thanks.

BTW, I'm not really looking to sell all or any of these, but probably would be willing for what's not chosen in this thread, depending on an offer. PM me if interested. Thanks.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

Mike, The (half) seat is yours! I love good karma, so pm me your address, and I will ship it out to you.

You choose the PIF you want to share, or do like Craig and give twice for the extra karma.

Thanks for the fast response ...and keeping this thread going. ;)

Mike, The (half) seat is yours! I love good karma, so pm me your address, and I will ship it out to you.

You choose the PIF you want to share, or do like Craig and give twice for the extra karma.

Thanks for the fast response ...and keeping this thread going. ;)
PM headed your way, Rog. The next guy can choose the PIF he's interested in. After that, if anybody wants to make an offer on one of the other things, I'll entertain it. (Karma's great--up to a point.) :) Thanks.

I would love to have that slightly used sheepskin seat pad.. and I think I have a good item for the next person.. I have a medium unused black HJC CL-5 halfshell helmet. A couple of scuffs on outside from moving it around but never really worn other than trying it on for fit. .. like a harley rider would ware.

I described the helmet wrong.. sorry about that

It is a medium size black open face helmet .. not the halfshell

Ill grab a camera and get a pic or 2 on for this weekend. but if I dont get a bite on that for the pay it forward I think I still have an stock windshield for a genI that someone might want to cut down, paint, or just use for warmer months... I'll have to hunt it down but preaty sure I still have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, have to say, I'm not sure a half helmet is going to be of much value here in this forum. Sorry, it just doesn't seem like an "FJR thing" to me. No offense, I hope, Vandy. I'll leave it up to the forum. What say you, folks? Is this an OK PIF for this thread? Should I send him the seat pad for a Harley bucket? Vote here or send me PMs and I'll announce the verdict.

If it's accepted after some votes are in, we'll need to know the size of the helmet too.

Hmmm, have to say, I'm not sure a half helmet is going to be of much value here in this forum. Sorry, it just doesn't seem like an "FJR thing" to me. No offense, I hope, Vandy. I'll leave it up to the forum. What say you, folks? Is this an OK PIF for this thread? Should I send him the seat pad for a Harley bucket? Vote here or send me PMs and I'll announce the verdict.

If it's accepted after some votes are in, we'll need to know the size of the helmet too.
Mike, I agree with you that most folks on this forum (and riding a bike like an FJR) wouldn't have much use for a "half" helmet. But IMHO the thought behind Vandy's PIF offer falls withing the idea behind the PIF concept. And hey, who know maybe (I think) there are a few folks on here who have a darkside and also own/ride the kind of bike where a "half" helmet might be appropriate or even a defector requirement :huh:

James--and Vandy and everybody, I don't want to assume the role of moderator for this thread. But in keeping with Fred's initial post two years back, I don't want something that nobody would want to kill this good thing.

". . . The ONLY catch is that you must have something to offer up for Free in kind. That's the "Pay It Forward" part. It will work out best if the item you have to Pay Forward is approximately equal in value, or slightly more. No junky crap or the PIF will die.
And I don't mean to classify Vandy's helmet as "junky crap." Just maybe not something that will entice further takers on this board. If somebody speaks up and wants it, or if two or three days of voting indicates it's acceptable, I'll more than gladly send off the seat pad. Hope I'm not out of line to take this position. Speak up, everybody.

I'm not looking for anything, but offer up this hardly used Motoboss Rainsuit. Size is XXL so you can use the velcro to sinch it up to make it fit, but works well over many layers when it's cold (wish it was now, 99 degrees at 1930 hrs). It stuffs into an attached pocket for transport (zipper is kinda jacked, but doesn't affect use) which I don't use any more after getting the stitch'. Let me know and I'll send it your way.

MotobossRainsuit001.jpg

MotobossRainsuit003.jpg

I'm not sure how much tenure you need for a vote to count, but I say Vandy's offer is a valid PIF. If it were a helmet mohawk or something similarly ridiculous, that might be a different matter.

Tenure's no issue, and the only comments are that it's ok, so I'll send Vandy the seat cover. I really didn't mean to set myself up as an obstacle on this, so hope somebody can use his helmet. And if anybody wants CAJW's rainsuit, I hope you'll submit your own PIF on this thread. No rule it has to be only one thing at a time. No rules at all, for that matter. :)

Vandy, please go ahead and PM me your mailing info.

Tenure's no issue, and the only comments are that it's ok, so I'll send Vandy the seat cover. I really didn't mean to set myself up as an obstacle on this, so hope somebody can use his helmet. And if anybody wants CAJW's rainsuit, I hope you'll submit your own PIF on this thread. No rule it has to be only one thing at a time. No rules at all, for that matter. :)

Vandy, please go ahead and PM me your mailing info.
PM sent

Not to lower the high standard of this thread as many have posted up high quality stuff here, but I have a "slightly used" right hand muffler for a Gen I to offer up. Was involved in a zero speed tip over and has a quarter sized dimple in it. Not very visible with the side case on, but nonetheless can be seen if looking for it. Other than that one ding, it's perfect and may be useful for someone who has a nastier looking one or who wants to try out the Trooper mod on one pipe first. Free to a good home!

RHFJRMuffler001.jpg

RHFJRMuffler002.jpg

RHFJRMuffler003.jpg

Here goes trying to post a picture.. haven't done it in awhile so it might take a few tries.

Up for graba is the black HJC CL-5 openface helmet with faceshield. This helmet was given to me as a gift but I ware a large and my wife wares a small so I will never use it.

It has A few mooving marks on the outside but you can see the inside shows 0 useage.

72211103.jpg

Ok here is my PIF. A womens Tourmaster Cortech LXR jacket size large. The pink is very faded but the jacket is still in good shape. It also comes with a full sleeve liner. You can check Tourmasters website for a sizing chart if you not sure if this will fit. It has great venting for hot days and with the full sleeve liner it can be used on the coldest days so this is a full season jacket. You can email me at [email protected] or here on the forum.

womensjacket001.jpg

womensjacket002.jpg

Someone mentioned adding a PIF Adaptiv Gift Cert in another thread sometime in the future which I'm extremely interested

Adaptiv (TPX radar detectors) announced to me in an email a program next month to trade in my old Gen I unit for a brand new, latest & greatest current upgradable/uploadable unit

they said they would honor all gift certs, even if expired some number of months

So, hoping that comes through (I need to try to find the post), I have 4 helmets for sale that one can be a PIF gift.

edit: rickcorwn posted...I have it on marginal authority that there will be a $50 adaptiv technologies gift certificate coming up on the Pay it Forward thread. I can't personally attest to the performance of their product, I have heard good things. They have been a big supporter of CFO with $1,000 worth of gift certificates over the last two years.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=139369&st=0&p=879292&hl=+adaptiv%20+gift%20+certificate&fromsearch=1entry879292

now, I have no expectations, just throwing out a need of mine and solution that would help me out...the helmet is still on here for someone if the gift cert doesn't happen

I have received oodles of support and love from this forum...and intelligence to draw on (well, 'cept Howie :p ) since I joined near my birthday in Dec '08

They are all 3/4 helmets - the PIF also includes a helmet bag

I plan to ship 48 states on my nickel

Kids - both have clear flip face shields

Fulmer AF355 XS - Maroon

FulmeR AF255 S - Black

Adults

HJC AC3 Snell Cert XL - Pearl White

HJC AC3 Snell Cert L - Metallic Silver

I'm gonna post up pics today and edit this post

edit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mholiver/sets/72157627153148473/

I truly hope ya'll don't think I'm overstepping the spirit of this thread...if so (Fred?), please let me know and I'll understand and withdraw

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Edit: Patriot has contacted me for the certificate so it is spoken for.

I have a gift certificate from Adaptiv Technologies for $50 off a purchase of any of their products that I received at the 2011 CFO event.

No plans at this time to use it so if you will be making a purchase from Adaptiv, shoot me a PM.

edited due to being drunk.