• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Penske or Ohlins rear for 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmidd

Reaction score
Looking for a Penske or Ohlins rear shock for 2007. I want the model with the remote adjuster please. Not ready to drop coin on a new one just yet, trying to save a couple of dollars.

TIA

I have the Ohlins without the remote, much cheaper. It works perfect. I would guess that most people play with the remote for a while when new and then forget about it. Not too difficult to reach under and adjust if necessary. I haven't touched mine in 3 years.

Penske shocks do not have remote preload adjusters but are very easy to adjust manually. Penske shocks are also custom built (spring weight and valving) for the rider's weight and riding style, Ohlins offers different spring sizes but the valving is one size fits all and seems to be targeted for high speed use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of the fancy Ohlins with remote pre load & dampening, I have been thinking of selling one and getting the fancy Penske's.

I would like to ride and compare the two.

The one I would sell is sprung for a 200lb rider and was off a low use FJR and has never been on my bike in the original box. $800

Last edited by a moderator:
Penske shocks do not have remote preload adjusters but are very easy to adjust manually. Penske shocks are also custom built (spring weight and valving) for the rider's weight and riding style, Ohlins offers different spring sizes but the valving is one size fits all and seems to be targeted for high speed use.
My Penske had remote compression adjustment, I seem to call it preload about 50% of the time. You think I would learn by now! I'll edit my original post. I'm not sure I need the remote adjustment, I truly only touched it about 4 times getting it dialed in.

https://imgur.com/cDVJY6w