Periodic chart

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my ma, Hershey's didn't make enough chocolate in a year to quell her monster. PMS in the 50's was treated with electricity, as in shocks at the Happy Place. All of us kids offered numerous times to plug her in and call NSP to crank up the output, to no avail. As bad as it is on our end, can't imagine what it's like on theirs. :eek:

Three daughters and a wife. I think even the half dozen pets around here are all female. I guess I have thick enough skin to just ignore all the nonsense and go on about my business amid the mayhem. And Kaitsdad has a good point, when necessary I take refuge by either riding or puttering in the garage.

:huh:

I’m not sure whether to feel perplexed, disenchanted, or out of touch. When I read “Periodic chart “, I dialed into this thread expecting some sort of discussion about the table of elements, perhaps a few equations and/or some exciting discussion of stoichiometry. :lol:

Bummer

Oh well, maybe next time.

I’m not sure whether to feel perplexed, disenchanted, or out of touch. When I read “Periodic chart “, I dialed into this thread expecting some sort of discussion about the table of elements, perhaps a few equations and/or some exciting discussion of stoichiometry. :lol:

Bummer

Perhaps even more so than other places in this world, things on this forum are not always what they seem. But hey, that's part of the fun, right? :rolleyes:

I realize that I'm way outnumbered here, but for a moment, just try to imagine this from the other side. Our seemingly irrational behavior is not intentional.
Ways that men can help are to stay very quiet, and provide chocolate.

Jill
My wife is a rare gem. She does realize the irrationality and she withdraws. Me? I just shut the hell up and think: Doesn't my oil need changing?

As bad as it is on our end, can't imagine what it's like on theirs. :eek:
In the case of the Ex-Mrs. Madmike, it was absolute denial. I can still remember an incident at the breakfast table when, in the midst of a conversation about emotions flaring she said, "Well, at least 'I' don't have PMS!" The four daughters were absolutely silent, then began to laugh so hard they all had to get up and move to the couches in the living room.

The chickens! I again had to bear the brunt of her reaction and she didn't stop for 2 days. Zoloft??? How about cyanide!

Just more evidence some of you have picked very well and I didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
just try to imagine this from the other side. Our seemingly irrational behavior is not intentional.
i fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

agreed. it's not intentional, it's built in. and crazy is crazy no matter the why. the trick is to recognize that it happens and work to compensate so you don't pinch the heads off of those in the blast area.

personally, i've found that, after raising 2 daughters and a wife, responding to them in the tone they give me (including yelling if that's what they choose to do) usually ends up with a deer-in-the-headlights look that freezes them long enough for me to then calmly point out that i have done nothing to justify such treatment and will extend to them the same courtesies they extend to me. when it works, it works. when it doesn't, i go ride. in either case, they know why.

A co worker of mine has a wife and three daughters *of age*...........he has to float a short term loan each month to pay the tampon bill.

Bummer

+1 this sucks.

Talk about the pussification of america when a bunch of men can't tell their women to stop milking their PMS bullshit for all its worth, because it "not worth the fight." F that, it is worth the fight. /thread

+1 this sucks.
Talk about the pussification of america when a bunch of men can't tell their women to stop milking their PMS bullshit for all its worth, because it "not worth the fight." F that, it is worth the fight. /thread
Eye dunna unnerstan', Captain??? :eh-smiley: :dntknw: I thought it was abundantly clear that after much deliberation and consideration I did exactly that. In my case, the choice was, "either get it fixed by intervention, or alteration, but I can't live like this." Since I was obviously calloused, insensitive, uninterested and wrong in every thought or idea, we altered the contract. Or did you miss the "Ex-Mrs. Madmike2" statement.
While I've enjoy joking around in this topic, the dynamics of any given relationship or every marriage are ultimately personal to those involved. I'd hope that whoever reads this would understand most men here are enjoying a good joke by poking fun at themselves and using vast generalizations. At least that's the way I am taking it. We enjoy the differences and do our best to terms with each other. Of course, WE MEN don't have any quirks or mental defects like THEM (Like collecting mechanical "toys", the newest power tool, etc.). :rolleyes: :crazy:

It would be a sad turn of events if our society would ever try to return to a romantic (As an adjective describing the view...not of the heart) notion that: Men were King of their castle and ruled with an iron fist. In my short span of years on this planet, I've found that people who are treated as slaves and chattel return very little of anything substantive in nature. IOW, treat her like a slave, she'll give you begrudging respect as a slave owner. Treat her like a queen, she'll respect you like a king (or maybe love you with her whole heart, like the king you think you are).

But that's just this man's opinion.

I love my queen. My job is to keep her happy or at least try, and to say, um, yes honey, anything you want dear. And I do keep a roll of duct tape near my chair for when I don't feel like saying that.....and that's why God made long haul truck driving jobs....don't ask me how I know this. PM. <>< :D

Well, my wife, our young-adult-but-still-always-around daughter, and our high school sophomore daughter have managed to synchronize their menstrual cycles.
Oh.

My.

God.
OMG is right! We all feel your pain. I'd be happy if my SO could just figure out how NOT to synchronize hers around our vacation schedule or riding vacations.

How the hell did I miss this thread?! :blink: Wfooshee, wait 'til the SO hits 'the change'. You ain't seen nuttin' yet, brudda. And if I were you, I'd start building a bigger 'therapy' closet to hold all those new shoes and clothes...

How the hell did I miss this thread?! :blink: Wfooshee, wait 'til the SO hits 'the change'. You ain't seen nuttin' yet, brudda. And if I were you, I'd start building a bigger 'therapy' closet to hold all those new shoes and clothes...
By 'the change' you mean mentalpause?

more memories...

edit:

yeah, like this?

graphic_pub.jpg

more editing:

That poor woman is no one I know. I found her happy face here

oh, sorry for the hijack