Pic of the year thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
OK all riders, it's time for the fourth annual Pic of the Year contest !!!

Post up your best one or two shots of a trip you took last year! ( For you newbies that means no friggin driveway shots, we don't care how cool your FJR looks parked in your drive ! :glare: ) So where were you and whats the story ??

:D

Here my pic that reminds me of 800 miles of twisties a few months after back surgery. Me, the bike and a tent... heaven!

IMG_1156.jpg

Gimme your best shots OK !!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the cleanest my 05 was before I sold it. Hell it was even cleaner than when I picked it up new. In between it was not gay odot.

P1000304.jpg

This was taken in June on the trip to Nova Scotia with some guys I went to high school with many, many years ago!

FH020002.jpg

DCP_0036.jpg

Scouting out the best route through the Smoky Mountains this fall.

BikeandMts.jpg

View of North Georgia mountains from Fort Mountain.

Highestpointinthesmokies.jpg

View from the highest point in the smokies.

BugBash3lunchpic.jpg

Group shot of the Bugbash3 group at a restaurant/mill in Ohio.

A four day trip with a stop at Wallowa Lake in Oregon.

DSCN0629.jpg

I like the change in the color of the trees.

DSCN0618.jpg

You just can't beat Crater Lake.

DSCN0556.jpg

Here's one of my favorite photo's of the year. Turn 4 at Laguna Seca, 1st lap of the US Moto-GP. B) Big thanks to Rick for the tickets. ;)

There are a bunch of FJR's up on the hill if you look close. LOL!

IMG_1640-1.jpg

This photo was taken in Santa Cruz during the Mission Impossible SS1K that I rode with Bluestreek and Toecutter.

IMG_1546.jpg

Not a very pretty photo, but it was taken around 5.00am at the finish line in Ely, NV after just returning from an epic ride during White Pine Fever. HMarc Lewis is doing the odometer check. Many, many miles in under 24 hrs and I can still smell the mormon crickets on my bike! :bad:

wpf176-1.jpg

A group photo of the top White Pine Fever riders. To be part of this group photo is still a surreal feeling, even Gary Eagan is in that group photo. But the credit for this ride has to go to the remarkable achievement of Greg Marbach AKA SkooterG. B)

wpf249-1.jpg

A group photo of FJR riders in Ely with the playa muncher in the foreground. :D

wpf246-1.jpg

All of the Ely photo's are the work of Phil Kopp. :clapping:

Oops, I forget about this one. LA1000 - Bluestreek, Kaitsdad and TurboDave. This photo epitimizes what the FJR and this forum is all about. Without either, we as riders may never meet each other, let alone become great friends.

Photograph taken by Dean Tanji.

112180970-M.jpg

On the way to first tour ('05 SW-FOG) I stopped at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. Had a great ride that day.

IMG_0942.jpg

TurboDave98 - LA1K - IN THE BAG !
111932912-L.jpg

Picutre taken by Dean Tanji.
Great photographers can capture the essence of an individual in a single shot. By that standard, this photo is really excellent.

That's got to be pretty close to an archetypal picture of TurboDave. Nice job.

The Brutality of a competitive 5-day Endurance Rally:

Matt-8.jpg

The Fatigue Factor - 1000 miles at the halfway point - White Pine Fever:

wpf166.jpg

Some folks already posted some of my memorable pictures. Some more though:

Neah Bay, Washington. Sunrise on a Sunday in May as I did an in-state Saddle Sore/Bun Burner.

P1010176b.JPG

Headed to the Gila Cliff Dwellings in New Mexico. August 2006 in the SPANK rally.

20060821%20031b.jpg

Not the most photogenic shot, but after riding copious amounts of miles in 24 hours this sunrise near Ely, Nevada was a very beautiful one to me.

20060710%20045b.jpg