Pic of the year thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go found a Picture of TWN

TWN1.jpg

Yes twn i am #1

Jdog

Hey! I was there too, but I didn't get that shot!

IMG_5194.JPG

Look familiar? Damn, after seeing those drop-offs, I'm glad I was going up that sucker and not down! :blink:

IMG_1864.jpg

Look familiar? Damn, after seeing those drop-offs, I'm glad I was going up that sucker and not down! :blink:
IMG_1864.jpg
Yep, that's the place. I think I have a shot just like that one, too. I took quite a few up there since it was such an unusual road. So was is just me or did the signage leading up to that pass practically tell you "Hey, turn around or you'll die." The signs seem to get progressively larger and more assertive in tone. Turning around wasn't an option for me but I was getting a little worried.

Hwy 261 pic: Impressive! Thanks for posting that pic GunMD. I’m putting that one down on my must see list.

shokdimn :bike:

What a great thread. Some of the pictures just knock your socks off.

My favorite so far. This picture just makes me wish I was there.

Unknown FJR rider headed for Hyder AK
P1010026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's the place. I think I have a shot just like that one, too. I took quite a few up there since it was such an unusual road. So was is just me or did the signage leading up to that pass practically tell you "Hey, turn around or you'll die." The signs seem to get progressively larger and more assertive in tone. Turning around wasn't an option for me but I was getting a little worried.
You know, I saw the first warning sign and thought I should turn around. Then, ahead in the distance, I saw a couple of Harleys coming away from the mountain and thought, pffffft! If they can, so can I. Then I saw a few dualies, blasting my way and thought, uh-oh. As I neared the base of the mountain, a Wingnut and his pillion were taking a water break after coming down and I stopped and asked of road conditions - he said, "a little slippery here and there, but no big deal." Sh'yeah, right! I stopped many times thinking I holed a tire over the sharp gravel. The silt and rumble strips in the corners were a real hoot, not to mention the mullet heads in the beat up Bronco doing their best impression of a Rod Millen-Pikes-Peak-or-Bust-Run... :scare2:

Where is that?
Somewhere in Missouri. Smitty could prolly tell you exactly where. I rode up there (missouri) with some friends that were attending a paint-ball tournament. I met these ole codgers at the campsite and they invited me to spend the day riding with them. (I'm on the right) The paint-ball tournament was in Patterson so it can't be far from there. The place used to be a granite quarry if I remember correctly.

Where is that?
Somewhere in Missouri. Smitty could prolly tell you exactly where. I rode up there (missouri) with some friends that were attending a paint-ball tournament. I met these ole codgers at the campsite and they invited me to spend the day riding with them. (I'm on the right) The paint-ball tournament was in Patterson so it can't be far from there. The place used to be a granite quarry if I remember correctly.
Looks like Elephant Rocks State Park on Hwy 21 south of Potosi, Missouri.

You know, I saw the first warning sign and thought I should turn around. Then, ahead in the distance, I saw a couple of Harleys coming away from the mountain and thought, pffffft! If they can, so can I. Then I saw a few dualies, blasting my way and thought, uh-oh. As I neared the base of the mountain, a Wingnut and his pillion were taking a water break after coming down and I stopped and asked of road conditions - he said, "a little slippery here and there, but no big deal." Sh'yeah, right! I stopped many times thinking I holed a tire over the sharp gravel. The silt and rumble strips in the corners were a real hoot, not to mention the mullet heads in the beat up Bronco doing their best impression of a Rod Millen-Pikes-Peak-or-Bust-Run... :scare2:
I take it from your comments, er you didn't exactly power-slide the corners?

jim

114_1477.jpg

About 9:00 AM on a fresh and slightly brisk late July morning heading north out of Butte Montana ... overwelmed by the fact that I'm all alone and its "OK" to continue on at the cruise rate of 115 MPH till I need fuel again :yahoo: Oh! ...and I'm in my first week of retirement :yahoo:

115_1555.jpg

My trusty steed waiting patiently at the Rapid City So. Dakota Airport for nine scorching days, for my return from Long Beach California ... (I had to go home n cut the grass...and spend a little time with Mama) ... That it starts immediately in the middle of nowhere at midnite, PRICELESS :yahoo:

Montalcino2.JPG

This pic was taken in Tuscany, near Montalcino last October.

Lavanda.JPG

Lavender fields in Southern France, July 2006

HozdeArbayun.JPG

The Arbayun Canyon near Pamplona, Spain, July 2006

Fossil beds near Antelope, Or.
IMG_0989.jpg

Riding east of hwy 97 in Oregon is all good.
Been there many times. It’s a great Day-loop for me. It's a good place to stop and a great road getting there. I like the whole road from Fossil to Antelope and always stop at the little Ma & Pa restaurant for lunch in Antelope "great people".

I took this picture while crossing the bridges going to Key West. Just held the camera above my head and......click!

IMG_5837.jpg

Not the best shots, but here are a few from a couple of my favorite rides of the year.

Crater Lake, OR

DSCN0784.jpg

Mt. St. Helens, WA

GeorgesPictures097.jpg

Spirit Lake, near Mt. St. Helens, WA

The lake is still full of trees over 20 years after the erruption!

DSCN1001.jpg