Picked up my 2008 December 8th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feckin' sinister in black! I saw it at the LB show today and was, like, all meh and stuff, but those piccies do it justice! Congrats!

Looks good. And now we know for sure the panel under the seat is in fact black. (so hopefully someone will correct the 08 photo in the forum header line up)

Gold wheels? how about black ones?

KM

Nah, theres already enough black on the bike, besides everyone knows gold wheels make you faster ;-)

Congrats FJRTom!!!
Wish I coulda been there to see them both.

What made you decide to go with Apache?

When I was there a few months back having cam chain surgergy done to my high mileage 04, they told me they had never sold an FJR, nor even seen one before.

Enjoy your new baby!
That's funny, I bought my '06 from Apache..... :unsure:

Congrats FJRTom!!!
Wish I coulda been there to see them both.

What made you decide to go with Apache?

When I was there a few months back having cam chain surgergy done to my high mileage 04, they told me they had never sold an FJR, nor even seen one before.

Enjoy your new baby!
They did my instrument panel recall last year . . . . :)

Damn it does look good in black! Hrm...where did a put the number to that loan-shark again :)

Congratz on the purchase, looks great!

They did my instrument panel recall last year . . . . :)
Yeah, I was a little skeptical when they told me they had never even seen one, much less never sold one. I mean, how hard was it to sell one FJR during all those years. I had mixed results with my repair. I wasn't happy with a few things, but would go back to them again because there ain't anything better around that I know of. Perhaps the Scottsdale dealership where FJRobert had his repair done?

For non-warranty work (unless you bought from them), the best wrench is the guy down at the Yamaha dealer in Casa Grande. Boy knows his shit. But now that he is 80 miles away, and he won't do my warranty work......................

Still, I have a valve check coming up a few thousand from now, and I will be taking it to him.

That bike looks GOOD in black! ;) Congratulations on being the first reported delivery of an '08. :clapping: OMG, did I say the FJR looks GOOD in black? :eek: :blink:

My vote would be for polished rims...or chrome. Maybe polise just the "outer rims" and leave the spokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts