Picked up my 2008 December 8th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tom, how does the throttle feel to you? Is the tension lighter as Yamaha had said it would be for the 2008's.

Very very nice !!!

I was on the fence about the black in the press and show photos, but it sure looks nice in the sun!

Congratulations and thanks for a great comparison report.

Bob

If you can put up with having to clean it all the time nothing is more gorgeous than a black motorcycle.

That bike looks GOOD in black! ;) Congratulations on being the first reported delivery of an '08. :clapping: OMG, did I say the FJR looks GOOD in black? :eek: :blink:
My vote would be for polished rims...or chrome. Maybe polise just the "outer rims" and leave the spokes.
Chrome. Definately Chrome.

Congrats, just looking out my window at the rain in Gilbert this afternoon. I feel for ya, we should be back in sunshine by tommorow though. Enjoy

80 more days give or take 18 inches of snow :rolleyes: . Enjoy the '08! I love my 05, wouldn't trade it for anything...........I'll just keep it and buy something else to keep it company.

Nice choice and welcome to the board of FJRaholics. My name is painman and I am an FJRaholic. And oh, be safe will ya keeping the rubber side down. PM. <>< :D

FJRTom, very nice! Did you get it with extended warranty?
No, I didn't. My '05 was so dang trouble-free it was hard to justify signing up for the extended warranty. However, if I reconsider, I'd go with buying one from the outfit in the Southeast (is it D & H?) before the 12 months is up.

I wonder if you might make two more photos? I'd like to see a close-up of the front and rear wheels showing the revised speed pickups for the ABS brakes. I read somewhere that they made changes to the wheel speed sensors. Thanks.

Latest posts