Pilot Road 2 - who's got 'em?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any comments about why the front is wearing the way it is would be welcome.
My first thought is tire pressure... You didn't mention what pressure you're running.

Edit... That rear looks out fricking standing... If i get 9000 miles out of one rear I'll be ecstatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any comments about why the front is wearing the way it is would be welcome.
My first thought is tire pressure... You didn't mention what pressure you're running.

Edit... That rear looks out fricking standing... If i get 9000 miles out of one rear I'll be ecstatic.
I'm running 39 in the front, 42 in the rear.

:yahoo: I just got mine from Southwest Moto Tires. Cost me 293.90 total and got them in two days. I can't wait to get them mounted. I'm just waiting for my 90 degree valve stems. B)

Put them on the bike today. Local drive from dealership to I-15 and initial part of I-15 to Carpool lanes I could really feel them slipping a bit more than the stones did, but once I got past the first 20 miles, they felt great. Got off the Carpool lanes and took it down 56 to Del Sur and onto the twisty bits back to 4S Ranch. Love the feel now that they are scuffed in. I look forward to some real riding on these soon. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running the PR2s for about 4.5k mi now, they seem to be wearing ok. The grip is ok, i guess. All my previous tires (except for the OEM) on this FJR have been PP2CT, which are light years ahead in grip, lean/roll and feel, but certainly don't get the same kind of mileage. If money was no object i would not run anything but the PP2CT. So the PR2s are a reasonable compromise given the miles/dollar.

Well all,

I have a little over 2000 miles these days and my PR2's have done really well. I hope to get a lot more smiles and miles out of them.

WW

I now have about 3k on mine. Wear is great.

Monday was the first extensive ride in the rain. About 70 miles round trip in at times a frog strangler.

We traction for me was OK... Damn the lane lines were slippery. I broke traction changing lanes on the highway at ~60 and didn't like that one bit, and no I wasn't being ham fisted... Overall though I'm very pleased with these wet traction on pavement to me seems better than the Avons. I also didn't like Avon's treatment of lines and tar snakes, but that may just be the nature of the beast.

At this point, I'll buy them again, but I still have another 6k or so to put on them to really tell.

-MD