Pilot Road 2 - who's got 'em?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited patiantly for my dealer to get a rear 180 in since Christmas. I went down yesterday and their distributer told them that the ETA for Canada for the 180's is now mid April. (This is the 4th ETA change I have been given)

I went with the 021's as if I wait till mid April here, I will have to wait till june to get them mounted.

The story I have heard is that Michelin is having production trouble with these. I believe that story more than "they are on a boat" story.

The story I have heard is that Michelin is having production trouble with these. I believe that story more than "they are on a boat" story.
Woof!

I think I'm gonna hear a similar story very soon about the group buy tires. Luckily, our vendor is a stand-up guy and also seems to have some clout when it comes to dealing with Michelin. He was supposed to have a visit from the rep. on Friday.

My current tires will probably make it to mid-April, but some of the others who bought in may not be so lucky.

so is lowest price around $320 for these?

and i'm told 3 weeks out for delivery...am i on the right story?

chapparralmotorsports like i said in another post $286.70 for the set . I f some of you guys opened your EYES no group buy

Last edited by a moderator:
chapparralmotorsports like i said in another post $286.70 for the set . I f some of you guys opened your EYES no group buy
you're on crack...but, hey....who isn't these days. like other people said later in their posts....chapparral website says they don't have pilot road 2's. only pilot road.

i called chapparral just now and they confirmed no pilot road 2's in stock. $151.85 for a 120/70zr17 front, and $194.85 for a 180/55zr17 rear. total $346.70

no worries. i got mine through SportBikeTrackGear.com ordered them thur 3/20, received them yesterday 3/21...putting them on right now. nick, brian, mike, tom and the others there are real riders and racers. they aren't just call center order takers. can't tell you the price because i have a racer discount with them...and i have no idea how many more they have in stock....but i do guarantee even their regular price should be at or near the lowest around.

definitely the best service anywhere...if you call tell them jig sent you.

$20 cheaper...free shipping....and better service here:https://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=3137
And it looks like they have the PR2's for $304.95 shipped.

pilotroad2diagram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats the 2 ct the pic. is the 2
Haven't learned yet? The Pilot Road 2ct is the same as the Pilot Road 2, but not the same as the Pilot Power 2ct.

From the linked page:

Michelin Pilot Road 2ct 120/70/17 front & 180/55/17 rear tire combo

michelinpilotroad2.jpg

Just turned 1100 miles on my PR2's and they really feel good on the FJR..........

My last 2 sets were Avon Azaros which I thought were very good.............

Time will tell on the PR2's........I predict they will be as good or better than the Avons......... :yahoo:

Just turned 1100 miles on my PR2's and they really feel good on the FJR..........
My last 2 sets were Avon Azaros which I thought were very good.............

Time will tell on the PR2's........I predict they will be as good or better than the Avons......... :yahoo:
Oh how I miss those Azaros.

GP

Just shy of 9,000 miles on my PR2's and wanted to post pics. Keep in mind that these tires have been babied: no power wheelies, no burnouts, no stoppies, and actually, no curves (the fate of most FL riders). 90% of their wear occurred while commuting at highway speeds (usually 75 mph) trying to milk MPG. The rear tire is doing much better than I expected given the 99.9% straight up and down riding: it's squared off, but not as badly as I expected. The front tire is a bit freakish: note the weird wear pattern. I assume that the front like the back is 2 compounds and what the picture reveals is a rather abrupt transition from hard to soft compound. If I don't go with the Roadsmarts on the next change, I will run the PR2 on the back and something else on the front. Any comments about why the front is wearing the way it is would be welcome.

rear PR2:

may2008060.jpg

may2008061.jpg

may2008062.jpg

front PR2:

may2008059.jpg

may2008057.jpg

may2008058.jpg