Pilot Road 2 - who's got 'em?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making trips from work to home all day (0.8 miles round trip) to see if UPS has dropped off my 2 sets of PR2s that are due for delivery today. With the shortage of 180s, it's a good thing you guys don't know where I live . . . or the chances of finding my note gone and NO boxes of rubber on the doorstep might be substantial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Betcha got what you need already. Here's how I've always done mine on the garage floor:https://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/bead-breake...ead-breaker.htm

Just need a good set of tire irons and rim protectors.
Horror! I could never treat my car like that - or a 2 x 4 for that matter! :lol:

Tim meant "somebody to change them for him". Don't assume any actual mechanical skilz there....
Hey, pal, I gotz mad mechanic skilz and the tools to match. In fact, I got'cher bung hole reamer ready and waiting. :p

GGB1347T11503.jpg

STONES 7500

ROADS 10000

STRADAS 4000 And on the bike cant tell where the bars are might get 7k

Hang tight a bit.

I'm trying to put together a group buy and, if it comes together, we have to move quick. Prices go up the morning of 2/15.

Stay tuned. These are the best tires since the Avon Storms!

The front sucks moist ass cheese.
Concur, but I'm not thrilled with the BT021 rear, either. Reminds me a bit of the Metz, though not as bad.

Ojai Roy has the PR2's mounted up and claims they are the best he's tried on his '05. Roy can ride and rides smooth and fast, but after 4k miles on his, they look to have 3 - 4k left on the rear and a boatload more on the front.

My next set will be the PR2's, regardless of the tub of Vaseline that comes with them.
Here ya go...

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Pi...Q2em118Q2el1247
Thanks stryg8r! Just bought them on Ebay for $299.99 to the door no tax free shipping. West coast. I may still do the group buy and have an extra set.

Well, I got just under 9500 miles on the back tire and the cords were finally starting to show.

Unlike the Z6 and the Strato they don't suddenly wear out. I was expecting to see cords at 8500-9000.

I think you guys will be very impressed with these tires.

I bought the PR2s to extend my highway tire mileage and the improved cornering, compared to the BT020s, was a great bonus.I still expect to wear out the center of the rear tire before anything else.
Maybe I spoke too soon. Since the last group ride on Skaggs Springs Road I noticed a little feathering of the tread blocks. Looks like it is caused by heavy cornering loads.

The tires are sticking so good that the rubber is being stretched. Each block has a rounded leading edge with a feathered trailing edge. This is only in the softer compound area of the tire.

I will grab some photos and share what I am talking about later.

I have to say I have the PR2's on mine and they feel great. So far only have about a 1000 miles.

However, today I was riding and got hit with a Raining Down Pour. These tires felt confident in the rain with no hydroplaning felt while going 60-70 mph in the rain.

I did not attempt to drag a knee in the rain though, not brave enough for that. Perhaps Jeff Ashe can tell you how that goes.

chaparralmotorsports.com $287.20 free shipping teephone number 800 841 2960
FYI.... I just called them, did not get a price quote.....but they do not have them in stock and no ETA.

Southwest Moto Tires has them in stock, I ordered mine 2/25/08 recieved 3/3/08 Arizona...to....Maine

chaparralmotorsports.com $287.20 free shipping teephone number 800 841 2960

I emailed them for a price quote on a set and here's what their response was:

"The 120/70/17 is part number 190-03010101 for $151.85. The 180/55/17 is part number 190-03020176 for $194.85."

I emailed them for a price quote on a set and here's what their response was:
"The 120/70/17 is part number 190-03010101 for $151.85. The 180/55/17 is part number 190-03020176 for $194.85."
Jeebus!!! Thats more than what the DEALER here wanted. SW Moto has pretty good prices, but motoxoutlet.com has the best price I have found...If they would just get the damn sizes in.