Pipe & Power Commander

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobA

Reaction score
:unsure: Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting a pipe for my '06 FJR (18th bike). It appears only two systems are available:

1 - FJR 1300 Holeshot 4-2 Header System Part No. FJR-HCP $989.00

2 - Muzzy Full System w/Oval SS Can $$691.00 from https://www.pipecity.com

I had a Muzzy on my '06 Busa but I had to develop my own PC map for it. The map that PC offers is crap. But I was satisfied with the combo after about 3 wks of tweaking.

DW provides a map along with his pipe. That interests me. But I do wish his system was stainless.

As can be seen, a substantial diff in price exists.

The '06 PC can be had for $225.96 + Shipping from https://www.cyclemartusa.com/

Any suggestions/comments?

Thanx - Bob

:unsure: Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting a pipe for my '06 FJR (18th bike). It appears only two systems are available:1 - FJR 1300 Holeshot 4-2 Header System Part No. FJR-HCP $989.00

I had a Muzzy on my '06 Busa but I had to develop my own PC map for it. The map that PC offers is crap. But I was satisfied with the combo after about 3 wks of tweaking.

DW provides a map along with his pipe. That interests me. But I do wish his system was stainless.

Thanx - Bob
Muzzy has a map for their system as well.

While I don't have the full system, I do have have Dale's slip ons. They are beautiful in every respect! High High High quality workmanship (I stared at the welds before installing the pipes). Also works with other brand slipons, as long as they are designed to fit the factory style gaskets.

The muzzy full system is currently in a re-design, as their inital offering touched ground before the peg feelers. They seemingly are working with people who already purchased the system to get a solution.

what exactly does a power comander do?
It's a peice of electronics which changes the fuel injection mapping, which which in turn affects the characterists and behavior of the engine.

:unsure: Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting a pipe for my '06 FJR (18th bike). It appears only two systems are available:

1 - FJR 1300 Holeshot 4-2 Header System Part No. FJR-HCP $989.00

Thanx - Bob
I looked all over the Muzzy site for info on a supplied map. But I missed the mention of it. Can you help?

I looked all over the Muzzy site for info on a supplied map. But I missed the mention of it. Can you help?

If you call them, they will email you the map.

Also Leo Vince has slip-ones for FJR. I bought LV slipones which were made for ´03-05 FJR. I have FJR ´06 A.Installation was as easy as it can.Just take the original out and put new LV in...And I think LV has great sound...

I have the HoleShot pipe installed with Staintune cans. Looks great, fits perfect and sounds nice. I used the PCIII map that Dale provides with the pipe and it works well. Hard to imagine a system fitting or looking much better than the HoleShot does.

I have the HoleShot pipe installed with Staintune cans. Looks great, fits perfect and sounds nice. I used the PCIII map that Dale provides with the pipe and it works well. Hard to imagine a system fitting or looking much better than the HoleShot does.

Dales advertising at least an estimated 7-10 gain in HP with his system....What do you think? Performance wise can you tell the difference? Or is it all in the eyes and ears?

Dales advertising at least an estimated 7-10 gain in HP with his system....What do you think? Performance wise can you tell the difference? Or is it all in the eyes and ears?

All eyes and ears in my case....and much less heat at low speeds by eliminating the cat. If there is an improvement in power I couldn't really pick up on it. The bike is quick enough at full throttle anyway that it would be hard to perceive that type of power increase unless you were at the drag strip or something or on a chassis dyno. Most exhaust system improvements are typically just on the very top end anyway due to slightly better flow and less backpressure so any improvement is usually just a blip on the top end of the power curve. The numbers look good for marketing but do little for actual driveability or normal riding as you are at those power points so little of the time even in full throttle accels. Even on a freeway ramp you are blowing past traffic in 3 seconds of full throttle so the "extra" power is just bragging points.

I think the only real options with the HoleShot pipes are the HoleShot mufflers, the stock mufflers or the Staintunes. The HoleShot pipes are larger diameter and fit the stock muffler inlets WITHOUT the gaskets. Since the Staintunes use the stock gaskets they fit the HoleShot pipes by deleting the stock gaskets also. Same with the HoleShot cans. Other cans are made to fit the stock pipes without any sort of gasket therefore they are too small in diameter to fit the HoleShot pipes. I like the Staintunes because I had them already and they are quieter than the HoleShot cans from past experience. In addition, the Staintunes have the additional restrictor for the outlets that is easyin/easy out to quieten them further. Nice for when I'm running the bike in the garage at home to keep the neighbors happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi there everybody im just wondering why u guys there have nv mention of having a remus pipe??? back here in my place(singapore) there are very little choice due to restriction only a remus and yoshimura pipe a avalable....

I personally have heard an 06 fjr with the remus pipe it sound great..

especially with its 2 internal silencer is out..

All eyes and ears in my case....and much less heat at low speeds by eliminating the cat. If there is an improvement in power I couldn't really pick up on it. The bike is quick enough at full throttle anyway that it would be hard to perceive that type of power increase unless you were at the drag strip or something or on a chassis dyno. Most exhaust system improvements are typically just on the very top end anyway due to slightly better flow and less backpressure so any improvement is usually just a blip on the top end of the power curve. The numbers look good for marketing but do little for actual driveability or normal riding as you are at those power points so little of the time even in full throttle accels. Even on a freeway ramp you are blowing past traffic in 3 seconds of full throttle so the "extra" power is just bragging points.

I think the only real options with the HoleShot pipes are the HoleShot mufflers, the stock mufflers or the Staintunes. The HoleShot pipes are larger diameter and fit the stock muffler inlets WITHOUT the gaskets. Since the Staintunes use the stock gaskets they fit the HoleShot pipes by deleting the stock gaskets also. Same with the HoleShot cans. Other cans are made to fit the stock pipes without any sort of gasket therefore they are too small in diameter to fit the HoleShot pipes. I like the Staintunes because I had them already and they are quieter than the HoleShot cans from past experience. In addition, the Staintunes have the additional restrictor for the outlets that is easyin/easy out to quieten them further. Nice for when I'm running the bike in the garage at home to keep the neighbors happy.
I think the added noise makes for an illusion of more power than actual HP gain, although a good system can add power pretty much across the entire RPM band, especially on top end. I speculate that Dale's PC3 map would work on the Muzzy system and vice versa. Both Muzzy and Holeshot systems save meaningful amounts of weight, too. Both systems fit all years FJR. I wonder if there is a power gain using Dale's headers and stock exhaust cans. Obviously, the heat situation would be improved by losing the cats and possibly a small bit more power.