PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all honesty, I am usually one of the cats that require the herding. I was just steppin out a bit but then my true colors wore through. See you tomorrow.

Glad to see everyone! Auburn & Mrs, once again your hospitality is unlimited. We are incredibly lucky to have friends like you who open their home and hearts. Your karma account runneth over.

Appreciate everyone who lent a hand, it was nice to remove the air hoses and thanks to Panman, my blocks went on and fit perfectly.

No pics, but a fun time, and a fun run home.

Couldn't agree more! Great day! Nice ride over...Thanks for the breakfast suggestion and taking lead,

Brian.

Thanks Bryan for all the tire help... and Marissa for pizza, drinks, and pie. (MMMMMM PIE!!!) :clapping:

Great ride home via 410, 123, and 12.....thanks Chevron for the go, Avon for the stick, and Gerbings for the warm. :yahoo:

I was so fortunate to have attended the PNW Fall Tech Day. We were treated to one of the most generous forms of hospitality and kindness that I have experienced in recent memory. Bryan, Marissa and family were truly gracious and giving hosts for opening up their home for this event. Thank you so very much.

I learned a great deal and made some wonderful new acquaintances. Great time for sure.

PA240366.JPG

PA240365.JPG

PA240360.JPG

PA240361.JPG

PA240364.JPG

PA240362.JPG

PA240363.JPG

PA240367.JPG

PA240369.JPG

PA240370.JPG

PA240372.JPG

PA240373.JPG

PA240374.JPG

PA240376.JPG

PA240380.JPG

PA240378.JPG

PA240381.JPG

PA240379.JPG

PA240368.JPG

PA240384.JPG
:yahoo:

Keep Going!

Sun set as I crested Blewett. Perfect timing. Clear skies and clear roads, doesn't get any better than that for crossing two passes in October. :)

Another great Tech Day. A huge thanks to Bryan, Marissa and family for hosting = The greatest hosts ever!!!

Did someone get pictures of the breakfast spread --> cinnamin roles, coffee, tea, biscuts and gravy?? Oh MY!!!!

Jim (fjrwalker) it looks like we got home about the same time, but I think your route was probably more enjoyable. A lot of traffic on 18 and Snoqualmie.

Look forward to seeing everyone again real soon.

[SIZE=12pt]Good pizza, good pie, and great people!! Bryan and Marissa are tremendous hosts....thx so much! Tech support and refreshments a winning combination![/SIZE]

Brian and Marisa your are very special to put this on, what the third time now?

Brian works his butt off changing tire's for people and even gave his spare set of PR2"s out with a smile! (knowing that they would be replaced).

It's fun to watch the first timers get down the drive way and getting parked!

DSCN1991.jpg

Ther were a few more inside being worked on.

DSCN1992.jpg

Dave hangs out at that little software outfit in Redmond and is thinking about working virtual, you know just dreaming.

DSCN1993.jpg

What a great day, Niehart took every turn he could find trying to get the new guys lost as we rode in thick fog for the first half of the ride down.

Then some great tire kicking and lending a helping hand where needed, well at least a smart remark or two.

The Autum colors are just something to see right now as Hudson took us on some nice back roads as we headed home.

I'm a lucky fellow to have this kind of group to hang out with! <><

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Mt Rainier said so eloquently many many thanks to Bryan and Marissa and family for putting up with us Effjayers. Diane and I really appreciate the effort that must have gone into hosting the Tech day.

One of the great things about a day like this is you get to meet the people behind the names, see some great bikes, and enjoy some good food.

We both had a wonderful time, met some seriously cool people, hopefully met some future riding partners.

Thanks to everyone for making a couple of newbies so comfortable.

Diane and Chris

The collection of bikes, every year but 2004 I think, guys correct me if I'm wrong .... oh yeah and a very very rare experimental Vtwin FJR called something like Vstorm

PA240050.jpg

Strange things happen in the Northwest, guys get together and torture poor unsuspecting FJR's into submission, Here's a group doing just that.

PA240054.jpg

Here's the wonderful hostess being nice to some old guy that happened by, looking for pies, at least that's what I was told.. :D

PA240056.jpg

Great huh !, you get a guy to host the Tech day and then you make him work. AuburnFJR hard at work showing us all how it's done.

PA240924.jpg

This is bad, real bad, a group of Microsoft guys, a computer and a motorcycle ... nah I am not going to caption that any further B)

PA240060.jpg

So back to pictures of the cool bikes.

PA240916.jpg

PA240904.jpg

I had a great tech day, I thought I had a simple coolant flush and CC servo relocation job but took longer than I thought. I would have liked talked with more fellow riders. a big thanks to Brian and Marissa for hosting this again, I missed PIE but got to ride with the guys home. I look forward to the next ride / meetup.

Some random thoughts:

• There were a lot of bikes for an October event in the PNW - most excellent.
  • An international flair with Brits and Aussies in attendance, it seems the Canadians remain too timid to attend.
  • Niehart was handing out gifts again, probably trying to make amends for his pie smuggling.
  • Bryan and Marissa host and do all the work, we need to work on that next time around.
  • 20 bikes?
  • Seeing the Microsoft crowd with hand tools - priceless.
  • Jay continues recent trends of taking FOD to his tires.
  • Ahciu was being anti-social in the back of the shop. He apparently added a record 749th button to his dash.
  • Several first time attendees, always great to meet new folks.
  • Third consecutive tech meet at Bryan's and still the driveway hasn't claimed a bike.
  • The Canadians probably heard about the driveway.

Bryan and Marissa - thanks once again. You two went all out this time, not sure how you''re going to top this one. Catering? Door prizes? Massages? Bike cleaning?

New member, first Tech Session...Mongo like!

I was dazzled by the size of the turn out, and the friendlyness & welcome I recieved from everyone there. The attitude & willingness of everyone helping, coaching & encouraging everyone else was truely a rare experience for me and I'm grateful to be part of this organization. Bryon & Marissa...you two were unbelievable! I can't thank you both, enough, for opening your house to all of us!

Thanks again to everyone, can't wait to get together again!

Paul S.

Great time and a excellent turnout. Special thanks to our hosts AuburnFJR and Mrs. for opening their house (again) to a bunch of biker bums...you'd thought they would have learned by now. Good to see some new faces in the crowd too! Although I had to "jet" north, I made it to the X-Country meet with time to spare. Too bad I missed the pie, was really looking forward to that!

Good to see everyone again. Hope I managed to say goodbye to everyone as I made the fast exit. Until next time.

--G

Looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I missed this. I was passed out until almost noon (pain meds so I could sleep).

I got most of my FJR put back together today. I still have a few wire routing/cleanup to do tomorrow before I can button everything up. The Kisan TPS kit is a pain to install, and I will have to remove the wheel sensor pickups to change tires, but the system seems to work great. The display is nice and bright and it's very easy to read. Work goes slow when pain interferes. :-(

Some random thoughts:

• There were a lot of bikes for an October event in the PNW - most excellent.
  • An international flair with Brits and Aussies in attendance, it seems the Canadians remain too timid to attend.
  • Niehart was handing out gifts again, probably trying to make amends for his pie smuggling.
  • Bryan and Marissa host and do all the work, we need to work on that next time around.
  • 20 bikes?
  • Seeing the Microsoft crowd with hand tools - priceless.
  • Jay continues recent trends of taking FOD to his tires.
  • Ahciu was being anti-social in the back of the shop. He apparently added a record 749th button to his dash.
  • Several first time attendees, always great to meet new folks.
  • Third consecutive tech meet at Bryan's and still the driveway hasn't claimed a bike.
  • The Canadians probably heard about the driveway.

Bryan and Marissa - thanks once again. You two went all out this time, not sure how you''re going to top this one. Catering? Door prizes? Massages? Bike cleaning?
I don't know why the other Canucks weren't there but as for me I had two small problems: Snow in all the passes that would get me from here to there; and I'm a househusband for a few more weeks as Sylvia rehabs her second full knee replacement (the positive side of which is that doing all those dishes finally has my hands clean!). Oh, and my driveway is 500 feet of gravel on an 8 percent grade - so this one doesn't look too intimidating to me!

Looks like it was a great day and I will definitely plan to take in the next one - if Bryan and Marissa are game enough to volunteer again!

Thanks Bryan and Marissa - as mentioned before every year seems to get bigger and better. Not only was lunch served - but morning coffee that exceeds Starbucks and pastries?!?!?

Good food, good people and picking up another nail in my tire priceless!!!!!!!

See ya all soon,

J

Yes, a huge thanks to Brian and his family for hosting us all. It was great to see 18 bikes gathered and folks wrenching, helping and watching! The hospitality and comraderie was heart warming and underscores what an excellent and vibrant community this group is.

Thanks too, to the guys who dragged my sorry butt all around the countryside to and from the event! What an awesome day of riding! You guys rock!

Duane

Very memorable event, great weather, great hosts, great bikes, outstanding socializing, now we get to muddle through the yucky season planning stuff for next spring, time for farkle shopping based on some of the items I saw twas a good look and learn event. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks for the tech day AuburnFJR, once again it was a good trip down there, and I even managed to get away without Mr. Black giving me a hand working on my bike :) . It was good meeting people, but I think the major bike envy for me was ahchiu's bike. So many gadgets...

PS: The apple pie was awesome.