PNW Fall Tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK...it's decided. Denny's at 7:00 and then on to Duvall. Since Pops has come up with a off-the-beaten path route and volunteered to lead, this is guaranteed to be fun. See y'all Saturday morning for b-fast.

--G

Anyone know of any cheap last minute flights from Calgary to Seattle??? :-D

Didn't you do this whole thing last go round? It's only a 13 hour ride.
Sure did! ;-) Which prompted my post here. Don't seriously think I can make it, thus the ":-D"

I actually have the wknd free, my little girl is with her mother and the girlfriend will be in Palm Springs. I'd be all over a ride down if I hadn't broken a finger on my clutch hand on Sep 16th. :-(

Have a great Tech Meet!

Guys sorry to bail but I think I will give the scenic route a miss, we have done the black diamond area to death. It's the place we go to try out new bikes/parts and settings, also training area for the better half. Doing the same road(s) again and again and again even if they are twisty.... nah.

So we will see ya there. :yahoo:

DB

This is like watching Keystone Cops...! :lol:
You're just bent because the washing machine ate your brother... ;)

Escapeartist - you rock, you know that right? I mean, after reviewing your suggestion, it occured to me that that particular Denny's is 2.5 miles from my house! (Breakfast is STILL at Denny's NOT in my kitchen... ;) )

Right - Denny's, Totem Lake it is. Address is...

12106 NE 124TH

KIRKLAND, WA 98034

So, NO MEETING IN REDMOND for this ride. We meet at Denny's in Totem Lake instead. :)

I'll be the ONE with a black FJR... :D

For the record, I have only eaten at Denny's once, was ill and swore to never eat at one again... we shall see...

This is like watching Keystone Cops...! :lol:
You're just bent because the washing machine ate your brother... ;)
Yeah, and the poor bastard missed getting blown in the dryer..! :lol:

Sure wish I could join you guys Saturday, but I wouldn't be back in Portland in time for a family commitment @ 3:30 that afternoon. :( Have fun all, learn lots, and take plenty-o-pics..!!

KhromalusionaL and Duster19...

The weather looks to be in the 40s and raining on Snoqualamie and Blewett and White - unless this changes - I am riding. You wanna meet in Ellensburg or Cle Elum or Yakima for breakfast?

If no one responds or they change plans at the last minute, I will be having breakfast in Cle Elum at the Cottage Inn at between 8 and 9 am.

Auburn, sorry I didnt get back w/you about my rear tire. I did get the plug to hold and will be able to ride out to your place for the Techmeet. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

KhromalusionaL and Duster19...
The weather looks to be in the 40s and raining on Snoqualamie and Blewett and White - unless this changes - I am riding. You wanna meet in Ellensburg or Cle Elum or Yakima for breakfast?

If no one responds or they change plans at the last minute, I will be having breakfast in Cle Elum at the Cottage Inn at between 8 and 9 am.

Wingshot, I'll PM you by Friday to tell you if I'm going to make it. Like most of my rides, the wife is NOT to excited about me going and I have a poker night to attend when I get home. :)

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...it's decided. Denny's at 7:00 and then on to Duvall. Since Pops has come up with a off-the-beaten path route and volunteered to lead, this is guaranteed to be fun. See y'all Saturday morning for b-fast.
--G
If all goes well I will be there for a coffee and then take the speedy route, want to be there nineish, being new guy on block I will have lots to look at.

I need to balance my front tire and get it back on tomorrow. If I can get the FJR put back together before Friday I will be there.

Auburn, sorry I didnt get back w/you about my rear tire. I did get the plug to hold and will be able to ride out to your place for the Techmeet. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cool. See you then. I do have a used rear set aside. If it looks better then what you have on now, we can swap them so you don't have a plugged tire to ride on.

I need to balance my front tire and get it back on tomorrow. If I can get the FJR put back together before Friday I will be there.
...you could always ride the busa. ;) Hope to see you there Doug, it's been awhile.

--G
The Busa is undergoing a face lift. The dash is in pieces on my workbench. It would take more to get that one finished than the FJR. If I can get the beads tomorrow I will be in business with the FJR.

I'll be the ONE with a black FJR... :D
That will certainly narrow it down...care to be more specific? ;) Good to see you again Duane.

--G
sorry, that'll be the dirty, black FJR. ;) . The one with the saddle bags, top case, reflective patches, sliders, dash and Cee Baileys. I mean, with all those mods, it should stand out and be pretty unique, right? ;)

Weather is looking OK and schedule opened up so I think I'll attend, too. It will be an over and back Sat.

How many tire changes are on the schedule? I need to change mine, both are worn out and I just had to plug the rear. Debating whether to ride over or pull the wheels at home and cage over to lessen the work load there.

Would love to meet other easterners for B'fast. Cottage Inn sounds fine.

Just re-adding my work item to say it's covered... because I'm definitely going to need a hand figuring my way through the details on this one...

I want to install my headlight modulator.

That's it - unless others peer-pressure me into things like TB syncing, etc. Though with 1800 miles on the odo, will it even be needed...?

Wonder if we might be able to tighten up a bit of the slack on my throttle cable? The dealer did this during the first inspection and it mad ea noticable difference to me in term sof control, smoothness, etc.

Oh, and if anyone has an extra 20 or so horsepower lying around, I'd like to install that as well. :D (I know, I know, seduced by the dark side already...)

Last edited by a moderator: