Possible FJR paint job

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you may remember, I have been looking for ideas to paint my bike. Don’t get me wrong the silver is nice, but I just want something different. Therefore, I have been shooting ideas around with an airbrush artists and this is his first sketch up.

He took my passion for scuba and worked with it. He said he would take bits of the torn flag and paint it onto the rear section of the bike, but did not give the sketch that much time.

I have never been a skull fan, but I do like this. What are your thoughts?

Link

Well you should be able to find your bike easy enough if you go to any of the regional meets. lol The main thing is if you like it really doesn't matter what others thing, but I kinda like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
the other night I saw a Gixxer 600 with custom paint to match his KBC Force RR helmet which is painted like a WWII bomber with nekkid lady, bombs for each bombing mission and complete with "rivets" and oil smears from the engines..

It was cool.

Is he going to anything with the back of the bike, or that pic all? I'm not a fan of skulls either, doesn't really fit the personality of the FJR, but it doesn't look bad. Maybe a flame pattern? Only in water-like colors, to go with the SCUBA thing? And not those cheesy flames, the "real" flame patterns. Just a suggestion, like the others said, it only matters what you like. Good luck whatever you decide.

Is he going to anything with the back of the bike, or that pic all? I'm not a fan of skulls either, doesn't really fit the personality of the FJR, but it doesn't look bad. Maybe a flame pattern? Only in water-like colors, to go with the SCUBA thing? And not those cheesy flames, the "real" flame patterns. Just a suggestion, like the others said, it only matters what you like. Good luck whatever you decide.
He would put peices of the flag at the rear of the bike.

I am also considering the "real fire" flames with a blue and white also.

Here is a link to his site.

Link

Two observations/opinions...

1. Soft lines and natural colors may make the bike blend into the background and render you substantially less visible to cagers. Personally, I prefer to stick with high contrast colors that typically do not occur in nature, the whole being seen thing.

2. Use a picture with you on the bike to judge the paint scheme. Some schemes that look great with the bike sitting empty, look like crap when you are mounted with your typical riding gear. You can PhotoShop your image on to check things out.

Just my $.02

He would put peices of the flag at the rear of the bike.

I am also considering the "real fire" flames with a blue and white also.

Here is a link to his site.

Link

I kinda liked the real fire in the blue also but when i showed the picture of what it might look like. the old guys in Starbucks pitched me crap for two days.

Whatever you like is good. I think the "skulls" are kind of a "Jesse James" cruiser thing.

A one off paint job is a cool idea. Good luck.

I like everything about that scheme EXCEPT the skull.

The skull is played I tell you. PLAYED.

Think about it, what does a SKULL say about you?

It says: "my imagination ran away from me a long long LONG time ago".

If you just want to shock folks, have a picture of Richard Gere's asshole with a dirty gerbil just barely escaping the Chute-O-Death, or if you're into fantasy type stuff, have a FOXNEWS screen-shot with Bush and an approval rating above 36%.

Yet, like others have said before, go with your gut and get what you want, damning anybodys opinion.

If you get a skull I will FA SHO be laughing at you behind your back, but also I will celebrate your decision. Fa real.

Good luck with whatever you do, I would LOVE to re-paint mine.

GZ

He took my passion for scuba and worked with it.
I don't get it. I work in a building next to a lot of artists so I say that a lot, but seriously I don't get.

What is it about scuba that you are passionate about, and does this capture that passion?

I am open to other ideas if you have any.
i've considered getting my fjr painted in the paint scheme of the last u.s. version of the fj1200...
I had a 92 FJ for 10 years prior to my 06 FJR. I still think it's a great looking bike with the purple and silver scheme. I'd love to see the FJR in those colours

DSCF0967-1.jpg

As some of you may remember, I have been looking for ideas to paint my bike. Don’t get me wrong the silver is nice, but I just want something different. Therefore, I have been shooting ideas around with an airbrush artists and this is his first sketch up.
He took my passion for scuba and worked with it. He said he would take bits of the torn flag and paint it onto the rear section of the bike, but did not give the sketch that much time.

I have never been a skull fan, but I do like this. What are your thoughts?

Link
Looking for something like this?? Breaks up the grayness and sure a lot less $$