Powerlet install help needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveb

Reaction score
Santa Cruz Mountains, Northern California
I have an '06 FJR. I bought the Powerlet kit that mounts to the left rearset bracket. I routed the harness from the battery area, under the tank, to the area under the seat OK. Now I'm trying to rout the short part of the harness from the rearset bracket to under the seat so I can connect the two white T connectors. But there is no room for any wires or T connector to fit!

Do I have to drill a hole in the mud-flap?

Any help appreciated. The mornings are starting to get really cool here in No Cal. Thanks.

--steve

I have an '06 FJR. I bought the Powerlet kit that mounts to the left rearset bracket. I routed the harness from the battery area, under the tank, to the area under the seat OK. Now I'm trying to rout the short part of the harness from the rearset bracket to under the seat so I can connect the two white T connectors. But there is no room for any wires or T connector to fit!
Do I have to drill a hole in the mud-flap?

Any help appreciated. The mornings are starting to get really cool here in No Cal. Thanks.

--steve
Hey another local !! :D

Spell Cruz correctly will ya ?? :p

I had to pry between the rear sub frame and the black plastic to get the wire through on a 04, I imagine it's the same on the 06.

Take a small screw driver and push the tabs back that hold the wires in the connector. Pull the wires out. Remember which one goes where. Thread the wires thu the gap between the frame and fender. Push the tabs back out a bit. Reinstall the wires into the plug. Connect the two plugs together.

OK, thanks for the tips. Got it all wired up now.

Seems like Powerlet could have made the wiring harness a bit longer. If I was doing this again, I'd just buy the plug and plug bracket and make my own wiring harness.

What do you attach the fuse block bracket to?

Seems like Powerlet could have made the wiring harness a bit longer. If I was doing this again, I'd just buy the plug and plug bracket and make my own wiring harness.
Its funny that you should mention that because when I purchased my rearset sockets from powerlet I had let them know that some on the forum had been mentioning that the harness was just long enough and it could stand to be a tad longer. They seemed to be genuinely interested in what I had to say and they seemed like they were going to address the problem. It didn't really affect me because I had them custom wire 2 sockets so they could hook up to the blue sea fuse block I had mounted under the seat. You may want to give them a call and just mention it to them again....it may help someone else out in the future.